Bypassing Input Processing to Monitors

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ general discussions Bypassing Input Processing to Monitors

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Joshua.pearsaul Joshua.pearsaul 2 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Joshua.pearsaul
    Joshua.pearsaul
    Participant

Hello!

I have been trying to find a solution to our particular situation by searching in the forums, but haven’t seen this issue come up.

Some of my players have very specific settings on their instruments and want to hear the raw sounds they create in the monitors. From what I know so far, I wasn’t able to find a way to bypass the input processing without affecting every mix. Tie-lines might be the answer (the concept is still a little above my head), and I intend on trying that soon to see if it would fix the issue, but if I am missing an easier solution to do this I would love to know.

Thank you again for any help!

-Joshua

Profile photo of Mfk0815
    Mfk0815
    Participant

You can setup the tappoint for each aux mix individual, that means that e,g the aux mix for the guitar player is set to post gain, without channel processing, all input signals will be sent to that aux mix without any processing. Anouther aux mix can be set to post EQ, for instance.

If you want to send only particular channels without processing to some aux mixes, you also can assign the same input socket to two channels, one with processing for main mix and aux mixes with processing, the other without any processing for that aux mix which should be fed with the unprocessed signal.

Profile photo of atrakce
    atrakce
    Participant

If You prefer direct output for each instrument, You can select source point for this on input strip (globally) – see picture.
    Of course, You can also go way descriped by Mfk0815 – split one input to two stripes, and each strip with independent processing….

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of Joshua.pearsaul
    Joshua.pearsaul
    Participant

Great! Thank you!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.