Buzzing on USB channels

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu troubleshooting Buzzing on USB channels

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of airickess airickess 7 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of gene
    gene
    Participant

We’ve been using Show Cue Systems SCS program for music and sound effects for about 3 years. Last Jan started using the QU32. Been having a problem ever since, after about 2 hours all channels being used for a sound or music cue will start buzzing. This will continue until SCS is restarted.

I emailed A&H and they responded that it wasn’t their problem. SCS spent many hours working with me and added some extra features to their program looking for problem. Finally, after hours of work I uninstalled v1.32 and installed V1.20 of the USB driver. Voila! problem appears solved.

Profile photo of Andreas
    Andreas

Which driver? Current Qu driver has version 3.34.

Profile photo of gene
    gene
    Participant

Oops I got the numbers wrong, When I had the ASIO Version 3.34 driver installed, I got buzzing on the USB channels. But only 2-3 hours after starting the SCS program, when I switched to Version 3.20 buzzing seems to have stopped.

Profile photo of airickess
    airickess
    Participant

Try switching back to 3.34 and see what happens.

Profile photo of gene
    gene
    Participant

Looks like I spoke too soon. During weekend performances buzzing started at end of third act unless we restarted the sound software during the final scene.

None of my usual tests caused buzzing though. It’s as if the problem is now intermittent. The test that has for months reliably buzzed was to start the sound software, start a repeating playlist, and after 2-3 hours or so the buzzing would be back. This no longer happens. Before someone suggests some type of amp issue the buzzing can be heard through the QU32 headphone jack listening on the input channel, even if the amps are shut off. Also, capturing the WAV file being sent to the ASIO driver does not show buzzing. Which is why I’m pretty convinced this is happening between the ASIO driver and the QU32 itself.

I reinstalled 3.34 and now the usual trials that reliably buzzed in the past are now not buzzing, in other words, dropping back to 3.20 changed something, but going back to 3.34 did not change it back. And if the problem only occurs after an hour or two of running and then stops, well, very hard to catch.

This is exceedingly frustrating. I know it will buzz during the performance, but I don’t have any idea what will make it buzz.

Profile photo of airickess
    airickess
    Participant

Is this with the same computer every time? Have you had a chance to use a different computer?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.