Buying used (from another user) – warranty?

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Buying used (from another user) – warranty?

Tagged: 

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of wdennis wdennis 2 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of wdennis
    wdennis
    Participant

Hi all,

We have been spec’d a Qu-Pac from our A/V vendor as part of a sound system redo project. It seems that because of chip manufacturer fires, and also the global shipping delays, that they cannot obtain a unit at this time (we paid the project down pmt in Feb, and they still have no ETA for getting a unit in.) I posted this in another user’s forum, and a guy there is replacing his Qu-Pac with an SQ-5 system. He’s offered to sell me his Qu system (claims in excellent condition.)

My questions are:
    – if the unit is still in the warranty period (unknown at this point), is the warranty transferrable?
    – if out of warranty/not transferrable, what is my move to get a unit malfunction fixed?
    – my vendor has asked us if we’d consider substituting a Qu-SB for the Qu-Pac (I assume they can get the Qu-SB system at this point); as the Qu-Pac system we were buying is being mounted in a rack not near the operator, we always were going to operate it via Qu-Pad… But – is it a bad idea to give up the control surface of the Qu-Pac? (thinking what if the wifi is saturated/goes down, or if the iPad breaks, etc.)

Thanks!

Profile photo of volounteer
    volounteer
    Participant

does no vendor have it ??

there are many other good vendors other than the big ones like B&H, Sweetwater, Musicians Friend, Pro Sound Gear, ZZounds, Full Compass, Adorama, ….
    sometimes I have found new stuff on sale that is out of stock at those other places by googling enough

Profile photo of wdennis
    wdennis
    Participant

Have personally asked:
    – B&H (none in stock, their ETA is mid-June at this point)
    – Washington Music Center (none in stock, no ETA)
    – Broadcaster’s General Store (none in stock, will call back when know ETA)

My vendor said their regular channel supplier has no firm ETA for it, and they tried Sweetwater as a fallback, and none in stock and no firm ETA on getting more…

Profile photo of debzdoodle
    debzdoodle
    Participant

I own both the QU-PAC and the QU-SB. I use the QU-PAC at shows and the SB comes with me as my back up. I like having the screen on the QU PAC available but although I mix wirelessly on my iPad Pro, recently I have been connecting my spare iPad mini directly to my WAP anyway so technically I have an iPad screen ready if I lost wireless connection. I use a RJ45 to lightning adaptor. The screen on the QU PAC is quite small anyway.
    So if you have another iPad you could dedicate it to being connected when the mixer is being used so then it makes no difference whether you get the QU PAC or the QU-SB.

Profile photo of debzdoodle
    debzdoodle
    Participant

Fo some reason I was blocked for a few minutes but wanted to add one more thing. There are some differences between the 2 units other than the screen on the QU PAC but nothing major IMO – Less ST channels, No 3.5mm input, no Alt out, soft buttons (from memory)…..

Profile photo of wdennis
    wdennis
    Participant

Just to put a cap on this, we bought a new Qu-SB, and am tickled with it! Will test the direct iPad to ethernet attachment as a fallback control. Thanks all!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.