But Wait – Theres more (I Hope!)

Forums Forums dLive Forums dLive General Discussions But Wait – Theres more (I Hope!)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Nicola A&H Nicola A&H 8 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Stix
    Stix
    Participant

Welcome dLive – My first impressions are very positive as they have kept similar concepts to the iLive range: Mixrack processing with surface/PC/ other remote and networking options, like the dual screens and customisation options (26 softkeys, custom screen encoder sets, scene wigets etc) “Multipe PFL’s” so Looks like more than one PFL buss YES!, Surface Video Output, Scene crossfades and UNDO scene functions – WHOO-HOOO!

However with all that horsepower – 128 DSP channels x 64 buss and 24 DCA’s can it handle TWO separate surface connections to one Mixrack? If not now perhaps with future Firmware? I see there are Surface A and Surface B connections on the Mixrack but they may be for redundancy connection or to get the bandwidth needed for 300×300 channels between mixrack and surface?

Is there any direct cross compatibility with existing iLive ACE systems? Obviously they can be linked via Dante/Madi etc but some sort of ACE link would be cool – channel names, gain sharing master/slave, buss links etc

Might have to check the dLive out when it goes to Integrate (Australia) in August!

From Nicola’s Post:
    first public appearance at the Infocomm show in Orlando next week.
    It will also be at the following shows:
    Mediatech – Johannesbury – July 15-17
    PALM Expo – Beijing – August 19-22
    Integrate – Melbourne – August 25-27
    Pro Show – Birmingham UK – Sept 12-14

Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

Hi Stix,

Dual Surface – not at launch. We are investigating feasibility. It was one of the reasons to have multiple PFL busses, but there many implications (shared scenes, shows, DCAs among others) so we can’t commit right now. If it happens, it will need an optional GigaACE card in the MixRack – the integrated AB ports are strictly designed for redundancy.

ACE cross compatibility – you can fit the existing ACE card to dLive via a ‘letter box’ adapter, this gives you a 64ch 48kHz interface to iLive or GLD systems. Audio only.

Hope this helps.

Profile photo of ddff_lv
    ddff_lv
    Participant

Interesting, very interesting.
    Will there be option to use “letter box” for M-Dante card as well?

ddff

Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

Yes, most of the existing option cards will be supported.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.