Bussing multiple channels to a single USB channel

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Bussing multiple channels to a single USB channel

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of gravyface gravyface 2 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of gravyface
    gravyface
    Participant

Is there anyway to bus several mic channels to a single USB channel?

i.e. combine snare top (CH3) and snare bottom (CH4) to USB channel 3, to reduce the number of recorded tracks?

Profile photo of Giga
    Giga
    Participant

If you assign those channels to a group/mix and record that instead of the seperate channels you’d be done. Unassign the channels / assign the group/mix in the usb routing page.

However: since most daw’s can record much more channels than 16 why would you want to do that ? If need be you can always group several inputs in the daw after the recording.

Giga

Profile photo of gravyface
    gravyface
    Participant

Cool, thanks.

I record a lot and the track count is starting to really eat into the storage over the years, and if I get it sounding good at the source (like I usually do) I never touch the snare bottom track. Kick in and out too: get it right, commit to one track. Yeah, I could render in the DAW, but why bother.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.