Bus to Bus Routing

Forums Forums dLive Forums dLive feature suggestions Bus to Bus Routing

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of RS RS 3 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Parker Gann
    Parker Gann
    Participant

I’m a huge fan of bus to bus routing for summing functions and multi-stage compression. Been doing this sort of thing with Midas, Digico and LV1 for a while. I understand that it’s a considerable change to the latency compensation engine in comparison to the current compensation engine. My suggested solution would be copious and very obvious warning messages that group to group routing will mess with the latency compensation. Then I can take the figure for whatever it would be and manually compensate delay. Obviously it would be better to have a system built in, but I’d be fine with manually doing it.

Profile photo of Senny
    Senny
    Participant

Pretty sure you can patch a group to an input and then send that to another group.

Profile photo of Parker Gann
    Parker Gann
    Participant

This is correct. You could also send to a matrix and back to an input. But it would be simpler, faster, and easier to just allow group to group routing. Especially if I don’t want to give up input strips to make that happen. The fastest distance between two points is a straight line after all.

Profile photo of RS
    RS
    Participant

The fastest distance between two points is a straight line after all.

That is the question of who you ask….

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.