Bugs with v1.9?

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu troubleshooting Bugs with v1.9?

Tagged: 

This topic contains 19 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of David Haughton David Haughton 7 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of neill00
    neill00
    Participant

I’ll try that when I get home and see if it’s off-set somehow. Thanks!!!

Profile photo of airickess
    airickess
    Participant

Neill, if you see that the panning is evenly split, the next thing you can check is your cables. If you are using the same cables for your L/R outputs for each time you noticed this issue, try changing the cables to see if that fixes the issue.

Profile photo of neill00
    neill00
    Participant

OK … I’ll check that as well. I have EAS/EBU cables that I only use for going from the mixer to the speakers. I got them for when I was using the line 6 mixer as well as it sent a digital protocol as well as the digital signal and these were the cables that were recommended. But I’ll do as you suggest and try switching things around and see what happens.

Profile photo of neill00
    neill00
    Participant

Just to update, I have not been able to notice any difference in level between the two sides since have started testing at home. I have not tried different cables yet to see if using non matching cables makes a difference or if I have a problem cable.

As a result of just playing around, I found the balance control on the actual Qu Pac itself, so there is one good thing. It’s not as obvious as it is on the iPad. Either way it was set to the centre position so that wasn’t the problem.

I think the cables are as good a candidate for causing the issue as v 1.9 maybe even better. The only way to really know will be if it happens again and I can swap the cables at that moment without powering down the Qu Pac. I’ll do some testing with various cables in the meantime.

Profile photo of David Haughton
    David Haughton
    Keymaster

Hi all,

@dickiefunk have you had this since. Could have been an issue with the iPad?

@neill00 For Qu-Pac select the LR master on screen, press Routing. The output balance is here. Alternatively in Qu-Pad and make sure you’re viewing the LR Processing tab (top left) output bal is on the first page of the tab. If this is centre, do you have a way of measuring the level from the outputs? Is metering showing the same on both sides? If so, try a hard reset and test again.
    Let me know how you get on.

Thanks. Harry.

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.