Bug/Fault? Data dropout

Forums Forums Avantis Forums Avantis General Discussions Bug/Fault? Data dropout

This topic contains 10 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of SteffenR SteffenR 3 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of mitch67
    mitch67
    Participant

Not sure if its a fault or a bug.
    Intermittently I have a loss of data to/from my GX48/16. The “READY” light goes out. Unplugging either end of the cat6 will restart it as will restarting the board or stage box. It’s a daily occurrence but randomly during the day, sometimes within an hour sometimes its 8 hours in.
    Any one else having any problems? I would have a chat with my dealer but they are closed during the on going COVID issues.

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

maybe it’s a cable issue?

Profile photo of mitch67
    mitch67
    Participant

Hi Steffen.
    My initial thought so re ran cables.
    The fact its so intermittent makes testing really difficult. Failed within half an hour this morning and no issues since, 3hrs later.

SteffenR
    Participant

what is the log saying?

Profile photo of mitch67
    mitch67
    Participant

All is good no issues logged.
    When it fails there is a barely audible click as if a relay has triggered and then another when it connects again. The desk is still seeing the stage box and you can change the patch etc. The only thing I’ve not tried yet is to pass audio from the stage box as I’m currently only using the inputs on the desk as we are only streaming audio and using a couple of channels of radio mic.
    I’m using 6 outputs scattered over the 16 available on the stage box and all fail simultaneously. The more I type it sounds like the issue is likely to be with the stage box.

SteffenR
    Participant

is the powercord plugged right?
    or it can be a loose connection inside…

Profile photo of mitch67
    mitch67
    Participant

Power is never lost. Powering off and back on will rectify the issue. My colleague was fortunate enough to be looking at the stage box when it went off and the only visual cue was that the ready light went off.

Profile photo of AlexIG
    AlexIG
    Participant

Try plugging it into secondary see what happens. The primary ethernet plug could be messed up.

SteffenR
    Participant

GX4816 has one usable network port only
    do you have hubs switches or patchbays in the line?

Profile photo of mitch67
    mitch67
    Participant

Straight run, We installed two new Cat6 lines replacing the existing Cat5 ,we used for the iLive, when we got the Avensis. Same issue on both and I’ve tried a variety of patch leads.

SteffenR
    Participant

then you have to replace the GX
    or open it up and watch the connectors inside

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.