Bucket Brigade Delay worth the invest?

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ general discussions Bucket Brigade Delay worth the invest?

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Scott Scott 3 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Andre S
    Andre S
    Participant

Hi guys and girls,

maybe you´ll find this interessting: after the „All Reverb Presets“, „All Stereo Delay Presets“ and „All Modulator Presets“ videos series, I went on and made a video on all presets of the the Bucket Brigade Delay.
    It costs $49. What do you think? Is it worth it? When would you use it over the Default Stereo Delay?

Have fun and enjoy the video.

Cheers,
    André

BucketBrigade Delay presets video

Profile photo of volounteer
    volounteer
    Participant

@AndreS

that is very subjective

only you can tell if it is worth it to you

best you can hope for is others experience with NFRs to use to guide your decision

Profile photo of Andre S
    Andre S
    Participant

“best you can hope for is others experience with NFRs to use to guide your decision”

Hi volunteer,

that´s exaclty the reason, why I made this video and other of it´s kind. How do you like the sound of the BBD?

CHeers,
    André

Profile photo of volounteer
    volounteer
    Participant

@AndreS

color me really olde.

I prefer complete hifi without any of the fancy stuff that is supposed to sound ‘better’.
    YMMV

My olde ears just cant hear the difference in most cases and the few others it does not like such things.

Compression is about the only fx I use at home.
    I did have to use reverb when I did a CD for our church as the MD insisted on it:)

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Thankyou for sharing.
    These delays all take me back to using old analouge delays.
    And the A&H insignia on your hoodie…. yup I have a T shirt with that on.
    Nice man!
    Seasons greetings to you.

Profile photo of Dave Meadowcroft
    Dave Meadowcroft
    Participant

Hi Andre,

I bought it a few weeks ago but I’ve not had a proper opportunity to use it live yet as all gigs cancelled for now in the UK 😢

The reason I got it is the Stereo Delay is occasionaly just a little too clean for some material where vocals in particular could benefit from some delay.

I found the same as you – the ‘grit’ as you call it. A very slight degradation on the delay over time (I think!) which sounds very musical. It blends into the mix where the Stereo Delay can sometimes dominate a little even at low send/return levels. Try feeding the vocal AND the BBD return (perhaps at a slightly lower return level) into a reverb – it really comes to life then!

Thanks for the video!

Dave

Profile photo of Scott
    Scott
    Participant

Hi Andre,

I love using the BB delay to create a stereo spread for my lead guitar. I have used this on GLD and dLive for a long time, and was very happy when they brought it to SQ. Definitely a nice delay IMO. Would love to see the Dimension Chorus make it to SQ land.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.