Broken headphone connector

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ troubleshooting Broken headphone connector

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of KeithJ A&H KeithJ A&H 3 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of JeroenAudio
    JeroenAudio
    Participant

Dear all,

When disconnecting my headphones this night, I noticed that the tip of the connector was broken and was still in my SQ. When I took a closer look I noticed a small metal strip inside the connector of the console (please refer to the photo I attached. The photo was made after I removed the cover of the connector). I had no problems connecting my headphones nor was the connector pushed or moved while in the console.

Before I start a ticket at my local distributor: has anyone had the same problem and can somebody tell me what this metal strip can be? This might help me in having the problem fixed under guarantee.

Best regards,

Jeroen

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Wont that be the strip of metal that connects the ring part of your headphone jack? Like a wiper blade… ?
    Can you not get a very thin spring-hook to fish it out? [as I used to know them in my days of repairing office equipment]
    Or like a dentist would use but need to have a hook on the end.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

NOTE***
    But don’t go pulling on that wiper blade though!

Profile photo of themover
    themover
    Participant

I have an issue with the pot on my qu24. Was hoping to see A&H chime in. Can the pot be replaced or is it hard soldered to the mobo?

Profile photo of jb07
    jb07
    Participant

When I look into the headphone jack of my sq-5, I also see this mettalic rod.
    We can see it on outputs A and B.
    The rest of the headphone jack must be lower 🙁

Profile photo of KeithJ A&H
    KeithJ A&H

@themover

There are no user-serviceable parts or boards in the Qu so please contact your local distributor who will be able to carry out any servicing or repair that might be needed.
    The full list of our distribution partners is available here – https://www.allen-heath.com/where-to-buy/

Thanks,
    Keith.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.