Bricked QU-32

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu troubleshooting Bricked QU-32

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of gcarmigl gcarmigl 9 years ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of gcarmigl
    gcarmigl
    Participant

Hi there! My problem i think is very big, i purchased a Qu-32 on musician’s friend, but now i live in chile, anyways, when i was trying to update the console to the latest firmware, the process got interrupted by a blackout, now when i try to turn on the console the only sign of life i can see is the blue light of power behind, i asked A&H support and they told how to enter to the forced firmware update, i purchaed a kingston 8gb usb drive (listed on compatible devices) but it doesn’t seems to read it, i don’t see any activity on the QU-drive light, only the Pan lights going from L to R (on forced firmware mode), do you have any clue to get the corrupted firmware restored? Maybe why the usb doesn’t seems to work? Does anyone knows the format parameters to get the usb drive recognized by the mixer? i don’t have any friend with another QU or similar to get the usb formatted there, so the only choice i have is to format trough windows. Please help!!!

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

Maybe someone can format and ship you a USB thumbdrive with 1.7 on it.

FWIW the pan lights going back and forth occur when it is updating. Maybe you just need to wait s little. See what happens.

gcarmigl
    Participant

I have waited about 15-20 minutes from now, it can be possible?

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

That is too long. Have you tried a hard reset?

Profile photo of Andreas
    Andreas

Are you certain the stick is formatted to FAT32 (and not NTFS or exFat)?
    Do you see at least a short activity on the QuDrive Led when inserting the stick?

gcarmigl
    Participant

i didn’t see any light activity on the QU DRIVE light, and yes, it’s FAT32, the hard reset doesn’t work =(

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.