Breakout box

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu feature suggestions Breakout box

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Keef Keef 7 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Hairy One
    Hairy One
    Participant

Is it possible for A & H to design a breakout box for the QU series, would be great to be able to patch in external gear ie insert in/out on analogue desk.

Any comments appreciated.

(Old skool)

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

As both a dealer and a sound engineer myself I just can’t see the need for this. I too love old outboard gear. I own a ton of it(probably literally). But one of my big reasons for moving to a digital console was to get away from having to rig all that as well as move it around. I think that’s the beauty of these. I can setup my GLD or QU and accomplish everything in the console. Sure there are better verbs and delays. I have those but the onboard effects are plenty good enough for most people. With all due respect, I think if effects mean more to you than convenience maybe you should stick with an analog console. I just hope you are young and have a good back. I am not and don’t partly do to all those touring years in 70’s thru the 90’s hauling all that stuff 😄

Profile photo of Keef
    Keef
    Participant

On the OP, not sure what the breakout box would do?

You can already patch in external fx by sacrificing channels – see other previous posts in these forums for the best way to do this using mix outs (or groups) for the sends and channel ins for the returns.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.