Block Softkeys for Users

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ general discussions Block Softkeys for Users

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of volounteer volounteer 4 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Juli
    Juli
    Participant

Hi Guys,
    I hope you can help me with this.
    I use the Softkeys to Recall Scenes but there are Users who are not allowed to recall all Scenes. The Problem is they can still use the Softkeys (scene Recall) to change the Scenes.
    Is there a way to block the softkeys for certain users? Or is there a setting in the consoles that allows the softkeys to change scenes no matter what Permissions the User has.
    Thank you for your Answers,
    J

Profile photo of volounteer
    volounteer
    Participant

@Juli

Each level of user – admin/standard/basic – has things they can or cannot do.
    You cannot tailor those to be different.

Either you can recall a scene or you cannot , and that latter is for basic users.

Profile photo of KeithJ A&H
    KeithJ A&H

Hi @Juli,

I believe @volounteer is thinking of Qu here, whereas SQ has 10 customisable user accounts.

We have purposefully allowed scenes to be recalled via SoftKey for greatest flexibility.

e.g.

If you have a scene that includes some important settings that affect all users, this could be on a SoftKey for recall even if the scene is outside of the range of scenes that user has access to. It then becomes kind of like a ‘panic’/reset key for inexperienced users. You may have other scenes with scene filters set up for very small changes too, such as to switch input patching between local and USB for example.

On the other hand, if you want to keep a user within a certain range at all times, then ensure the scene control SoftKeys are not set up in those scenes (or at least not in their log-on ‘user’ scene) and ensure that the Global Filter for SoftKeys is set to ‘Allow’.
    If you’d like SoftKeys to control scenes in some scenes but not others, you can make use of Scene Recall Filters to allow or block changes on a scene by scene basis.
    (and if you need to set up a lot of scene filters, you can also use the Copy and Paste keys on the surface with the ‘Recall Filter’ button on screen with a scene selected).

Hope this helps 🙂

Cheers,
    Keith.

Profile photo of volounteer
    volounteer
    Participant

@Juli
    @KeithJ A&H

Keith is correct. I misread the device name. We do use Qu not the SQ which has more options for users.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.