block Ipad use

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu feature suggestions block Ipad use

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of volounteer volounteer 3 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of volounteer
    volounteer
    Participant

Is there a way to block the Ipad ap from changing things when the A1 is on the Qu?
    If not then that needs to be added to the Qu settings.

Apparently the sound is different in the balcony and the front left of the church.
    Also from the back! as I thought the sound was better today. MD and A1 disagreed:)

Both the MD and operator were fighting each other with level changes reversing the other
    so as to get the mix sounding ‘better’.
    Needless to say this drove the video folks nuts as they somehow (mystery to me HOW) set levels using earphones instead of the meter on OBS like normal people.

Had suggested the A1 change the pafl setting so changes by MD would not mess up the mix feeding the video, but he has chosen to defer that for some reason.

Blocking the Ipad from changing things seems to be the easiest best fix.

Profile photo of Mfk0815
    Mfk0815
    Participant

„too many cooks spoil the broth“. Nothing more to say.

volounteer
    Participant

@mfk0815

Very true but not helping solve the problem.
    If either the Qu or the Ipad could block the other one then the issue would be moot.

Profile photo of Mfk0815
    Mfk0815
    Participant

Some one should removethe network cable, then the problem is solved radically. 😉
    You once again want to solve an organizational problem with technology. That won‘t work, believe me. A good working team will avoid that two of the team will pull the rope in different directions.

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

First of all your whole operation is so FUBAR staring over with a clean slate
    is the only way it’s going to be fixed!!!!

You have personnel/people problems that are NEVER going to be fixed with a piece of hardware of software.

“Apparently the sound is different in the balcony and the front left of the church”
    Do you think!!!! that was mentioned to you weeks ago.

“Had suggested the A1 change the pafl setting so changes by MD would not mess up the mix feeding the video, but he has chosen to defer that for some reason.”

Please tell me that you ARE NOT in one way or another taking the PAFL audio and sending
    that to the live stream feed.

“Blocking the Ipad from changing things seems to be the easiest best fix.”
    Passwords levels is as close as you will get.
    Beyond that have the church hire in a professional on Sunday mornings.

volounteer
    Participant

@mikec

we do have some process maturity problems

no way to start over with a clean slate
    we will have to mix with the volounteers we have

I am not sure how they have the input channels assigned to the livestream via mix78
    I was not involved with setting any of that up

But your comments are making it start to clear up why things are happening the way things are happening.
    If only I had more power to get your suggestions implemented.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.