Block Inputs from SQ4You

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ feature suggestions Block Inputs from SQ4You

Tagged: 

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Dave Meadowcroft Dave Meadowcroft 3 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Dave Meadowcroft
    Dave Meadowcroft
    Participant

I’m sure those of us that deal with multiple bands all have a default show and scene that we use as a starting point for each line up with each input set up in a logical order with default names, colours and settings appropriate to that instrument rather than starting from the console’s defaults.
    I use this, and then rename if needed and add/remove strips from the surface layers so I have just what I need for that particular band. It works well and makes setup and soundcheck much quicker. I then save to a new scene (and show if I’m likely to work with them again).

The problem is all inputs are shown in SQ4You which makes it very difficult for the musicians using IEMs to know what strips are in use for them and which aren’t.
    For example, I have 3 guitar channels – Gtr SR (Stage Right), St Gtr (Stereo), Gtr SL (Stage Left) – in my default scene. I will often use only one or two of these, rename accordingly and clear the unused ones from the surface. SQ4You users however will see all 3 regardless and don’t know which to assign. Explaining multiple times to different musicians is time that just isn’t available.

It would be nice if we could either:
    1. Block/Allow specific inputs to SQ4You (preferred)
    2. Choose a console layer to be available for SQ4You ignoring blanks of course

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

if you unassign a channel to a mix, does it disable it in the app? I’m not sure btw… just asking

Dave Meadowcroft
    Participant

Hi Steffen,

Thanks for the reply.
    I don’t know actually, I can try over the weekend – no gigs due to lockdown in the UK but I will be going to the venue I’m resident at anyway!
    If so, that could be a way of achieving what I want, but I would have to do that for every input I don’t want on every single mix that is allowed for SQ4You which could be time consuming and error prone as by that time I won’t have them on my surface anymore.

Profile photo of KeithJ A&H
    KeithJ A&H

Hi Dave,

As Steffen guesses, the simplest way to do this is to unassign input channels from the mixes.
    They will still be available to assign to groups/wheels in SQ4You, but unassigned and/or muted channels will be shown as such in the channel view.
    Muted channels can still be controlled when muted – to allow musicians to make adjustments between songs when the channels might be muted.
    Unassigned channels on the other hand can only be controlled by the wheel.

In the example you give, you could hold the CH to All Mix and Assign keys at the same time and use the Sel keys to quickly unassign from all mixes an input you’re not using.

Cheers,
    Keith.

Dave Meadowcroft
    Participant

Thanks Keith, that’s helpful.
    Could you take Input Access in addition to the existing Mix Access as a feature suggestion for SQ4You / SQ Firmware? I’m sure if others think it will be useful they will add their +1s!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.