Blank Screen

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu troubleshooting Blank Screen

This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Chief Chief 8 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of jet1968
    jet1968
    Participant

Anyone else encountered this?

Been using my Qu-16 for over a year without any issues, just recently and since the 1.7 upgrade, when i turn the mixer on, the blue power light illuminates on the back but nothing else happens – no screen, no lights anywhere. Turning off and then on again usually rectifies the problem and its completely random, worked fine all last week and then got to the gig last night, switched it on and nothing but the blue power light, so a quick off and on again seemed to cure it.

Profile photo of robbocurry
    robbocurry
    Participant

Never had that.
    Random issues are always a nightmare!
    Probably best to contact service centre.
    BTW, do you still have iPad access when you have the blank screen?

Profile photo of jet1968
    jet1968
    Participant

Not tried iPad access, though I doubt it will work as there are no other lights on the desk apart from the power indicator, seems like the desk isn’t booting up properly? will try the iPad next time it occurs

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

Might be a psu issue – second boot up is after capacitors have charged?

Profile photo of jet1968
    jet1968
    Participant

possibly, just done a hard reset and re-installed 1.7 to see if that cures it, should be able to tell over the next week

Profile photo of Einstein
    Einstein
    Participant

I don´t know if I have a similar trouble.
    I bought my new Qu-24 a month ago. Yesterday, during a soundcheck before a metal show, the screen turning off!!
    The only way to turning on was using the on/off switch. Today, I revised the scenes used last night and a similar success comes to me.
    Whats happening?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of jet1968
    jet1968
    Participant

Looks like you still have the lights working but no screen, I had nothing lighting up, just the power LED on the rear.
    Since I did the hard reset yesterday and reinstalled 1.7 I’m happy to report the desk is booting up as normal so far, it’s been switched on/off at least a dozen times since.
    I can give you a contact email at tech support if you would like? They usually respond same day

Profile photo of Chief
    Chief
    Participant

Yes, still have I-pad access, touch screen went blank during operation, have no reason why

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.