Best WIFI router for QU series?

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Best WIFI router for QU series?

This topic contains 6 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of MarkPAman MarkPAman 9 years ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of dickiefunk
    dickiefunk
    Participant

Hi,

I’m currently using a Netgear N600 (WNDR3400v2) with my QU mixers but frequently lose connection. I’m using the 5gHz setting.

Could anyone recommend a more reliable router that can cope with working over longer distances in very busy venues with 200+ people?

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

Any that run after a long cat5 so they’re not operating through 200 sacks of water?

Profile photo of jet1968
    jet1968
    Participant

My airport express is pretty reliable, works best when you have line of sight, sometimes I put it on top of one of the PA cabs in a busy venue with lots of bodies and I’m somewhere near the back of the room

Profile photo of dpdan
    dpdan
    Participant

+1 Apple Airport Express

Profile photo of robbocurry
    robbocurry
    Participant

Airport Express great for me too. Easily stand mounted for greater range if needed.

Profile photo of John-B
    John-B
    Participant

Apple Airport Extreme, (one of the older square ones)I think one of the last generation of those, set for 5Ghz, SSID hidden, and placed up high above humans. I’ve gotten good reception at a distance of 100Ft with audience of about 400 with that unit. Only very rarely loses connection when I’m at the back of the room, and when I sit down (after lots of standing). Hope that helps!

Profile photo of MarkPAman
    MarkPAman
    Participant

In a field, I’ve had probably 250 – 300m from an Airport Express, mounted high up, not that I needed that distance, just seeing how far I could get.

Then again, I’ve had it drop out repeatedly at only about 3m in an over-crowded pub with lots of other wifi in use. But repositioning it a bit seemed to sort that.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.