Best way to shift channels in a scene and retain output routing?

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Best way to shift channels in a scene and retain output routing?

This topic contains 12 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Mbirame Mbirame 6 years, 12 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Mbirame
    Mbirame
    Participant

Hi folks,
    I just upgraded from a QU-16 to a QU-PAC and ar2412. I am trying to figure out the best way to bring in the scenes to the new setup. Specifically what I need to do is:

Move the stereo channel settings from the qu-16 (channel 17-18, 19-20, 21-22) to the stereo channels on the QU-PAC (ST1, ST2, ST3)… Most importantly I’m hoping to retain my mixer routing from the old mixer.

Is it possible to import a scene and then move a channel around and move the mixer routings with it? I’m trying to maintain the in-ear monitor mixes as best as possible.

Profile photo of airickess
    airickess
    Participant

There is no scene editor, so you’ll most likely have to rebuild your scenes from scratch. It shouldn’t take that long, especially if you don’t change your levels or routings to your IEMs in many scenes. If you don’t change those levels or routings, then you can build one scene that contains your IEM levels and routings, then make sure they are not changed again using either Scene SAFES or Global SAFES settings.
    You can also import your scenes from the Qu16, recall a scene, make the changes and save the scene. Then that scene is ready to use on your Qu-Pac.

Profile photo of Mbirame
    Mbirame
    Participant

Yes, we do change quite a lot between scenes. Routing, levels, inputs and outputs, etc.

When copying a channel to a new channel is there a way of copying the routing? I just did a test and routing didn’t copy over when doing a simple “copy/paste” but maybe there is another way.

You can also import your scenes from the Qu16, recall a scene, make the changes and save the scene. Then that scene is ready to use on your Qu-Pac.

Yeah, that’s what I’m wanting to do. I want to import the scene and then change where the tracks live on the board-but I need to figure out how to also move the routings.

airickess
    Participant

Importing the scenes, making the changes and saving the scenes on the QuPac is probably your best bet.

airickess
    Participant

For Routing you might have to Copy and Paste the Mixes rather than the channels. At least that’s what I gleaned from the Manual, section 10.1 on Page 48.

Profile photo of Mbirame
    Mbirame
    Participant

Yeah-I know how to copy mixes…but that won’t work for this.

For example on the QU-16 I have 17-18 going to Mix 1, 2, 3, 7-8, and L-R.
    Now I will need “St1” on the QU-PAC to go to those places instead.

So copying mix won’t work for that.

If I do have to redo the mixes one at a time I can tell you I will be missing the hardware faders of the QU-16 for that job!

Profile photo of Mbirame
    Mbirame
    Participant

on another note-an offline scene editor would be fantastic!

Profile photo of Mbirame
    Mbirame
    Participant

Update: Ah so I just realized that the show transfer was smart enough to NOT put my QU-16 Stereo channels (17-18, 19-20, 21-22) onto those channels on the QU-PAC. It in fact just copied them over to the ST1, 2, 3 channels. Yea! That only leaves me with a few other channels that I need to manually copy the routing.

airickess
    Participant

So then all the Stereo channel settings from the Qu 16 transferred to the Stereo channels of the QuPac? If so, that’s very convenient.

Profile photo of Mbirame
    Mbirame
    Participant

Well-there is an issue because they did transfer to the “ST1, ST2, and ST3” channels, but they are USB B streaming inputs and for some reason those are not showing up on those stereo channels on the QU-PAC. I made a post about it in the troubleshooting section and I’m going to call A&H tomorrow if I can’t figure it out here.

Profile photo of Andreas
    Andreas

ST1-3 are not available to receive USB-B streaming on Qu32/Pac/SB since there are only 32 audio streams which feed channels 1-32 on those units. Pairing two regular channels probably is the way to go.

Profile photo of MarkPAman
    MarkPAman
    Participant

So many threads asking the same question, it’s all rather confusing!

Is the routing the same for all your scenes?

If so, you should only need to re-patch once, then make the routing “Safe”. Then recall each scene & save it again with the new routing.

* Not go a desk here to actually try this out on, but I’m pretty sure this is correct *

Profile photo of Mbirame
    Mbirame
    Participant

Sorry about all the threads-there have been a few different issues-all sort of related.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.