Best way to plug Guitar or bass into Qu-32

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu troubleshooting Best way to plug Guitar or bass into Qu-32

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of NakAttack NakAttack 5 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of NakAttack
    NakAttack
    Participant

Hello,
    I was reading section 4.1 of the manual and noticed that it said

“Mono Line Input – Balanced 1⁄4” TRS (Tip, Ring, Sleeve) jack input for plugging in line level signals such as multitrack players and radio mic receivers. To work with unbalanced sources use a mono jack or link ring to sleeve within the TRS stereo jack.

I find this wording to be confusing. Where are the mono jacks? Does the manual mean the ST1 or ST2 inputs? If so, which of the 32 channels do these override?

Many thanks,
    Nakul

NakAttack
    Participant

Since I am using an unbalanced line TS cable, I am assuming that I cannot not plug into one of the regular 32 quarter-inch input jacks.

Profile photo of garyh
    garyh
    Participant

Get a direct box that will convert the instrument level of the guitar/bass into balanced mic level and use xlr cable to mic input on the board.

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

What they mean is to connect the ring and the sleeve internally on an otherwise TRS plug thereby tying the negative to ground.

Some folks just plug a mono plug ie guitar plug direct into a channel 1/4″

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

Is this for live use or recording?
    If it’s live as in on stage use a DI box with a mic line back to the
    mixer.

If it’s a recording set up and your setting at the mixer as you play and
    record you could plug directly into a 1/4 input with a standard guitar cord.
    If your guitars have active pre-amps in them would work best in that setup, if
    they are fully passive pick up guitars (no batteries) your better off going
    through a DI box and then into the boards mic inputs.

NakAttack
    Participant

Thanks for the tips! Yes, I’ll be using a passive pick-up guitar for recording. I just bought this Active DI Box. I hope that’ll do the trick. https://www.amazon.com/Behringer-GI100-BEHRINGER-ULTRA-G/dp/B000CCN15M/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1542910951&sr=8-5&keywords=Behringer+active+di

What I plan on doing is connecting the guitar/effects pedals into the DI Box via instrument cable, and then applying phantom power.

Thanks,
    Nakul

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.