Best way of laying out the mixer surface for gig?

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ general discussions Best way of laying out the mixer surface for gig?

This topic contains 18 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of lightingman117 lightingman117 3 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

most of us know this situation as well… the same on all regions of the world 😉

to the layer question…

I mostly use the standard layout for the start, and during or right after soundcheck I prepare my main show layers
    one with all important instruments and the FX returns I need in reach
    and another one with the medium important rest… and normally I don’t change the standard layout of the first 4 layers

that given I just noticed that I never had a gig with the DCA spill on SQ…
    this could change a lot…

on the dLive I assign all important channels to a DCA that is only for these channels
    and I lock the level to 0dB so it works like a spill group

Profile photo of IraBob
    IraBob
    Participant

“A few times I have set up all the required stage wedge mixes and their needed
    amp racks ect only to find out when the band arrives everyone has switched to
    an in ear monitor system”

How many times have you set up stereo IEMs for the band and then NO ONE asks for any panning??!!

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

How many times have you set up stereo IEMs for the band and then NO ONE asks for any panning??!!

Yep a few!
    About the same thing as wanting maybe 6 six separate mixes wedges or ears and when it’s
    all said and done four of them all end up with 99% the same mix!

Many times now with IEM’s I’ll set up the band members or as many as possible to use the app so they can mix their own, I may start them out and then they can fine tune it all they want from there. Actually just did that this past Friday!

Profile photo of lightingman117
    lightingman117
    Participant

Have you seen my video?

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.