Best Router for Ipad 3

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Best Router for Ipad 3

This topic contains 9 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of DavidCo DavidCo 9 years ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of topdj
    topdj
    Participant

I use my 16 and my 24 in clubs/bar most have WiFi I suspect I’m getting interference. It does not happen at every place. using linksys 802.11a/b/g with high gain antenna. should I be using a AirPort Extreme because its MIMO technology? I know my Ipad3 support N and I do plan on using 2 tablets a mini and the 3 at the same time. Any experience is welcome I need 100-125ft range

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

Anything 5 GHz is probably a good bet.

Profile photo of topdj
    topdj
    Participant

so that’s my problem 🙂 I always have great line of sight, but sometimes at even a 5 -10 feet I lose connection. Much of my connections issues on the 16 were that silly internal cable but that is resolved. 5ghz range line of sight good? AirPort Extreme because its MIMO technology? since I will be having more then 1 device access the mixers?

[XAP]Bob
    Participant

The obvious question is “why do you suspect interference”
    Along with “Do you scan and choose a clear channel?”

And “What router do you use at the moment”

Profile photo of topdj
    topdj
    Participant

I use a Linksys G 2.4 I use tomato firmware and when I have problems it does seem to be when 3 or 4 other routers are nearbye

[XAP]Bob
    Participant

Ok, I’d have a look at the channels in use (are you on auto?) and/or shift to 5 Ghz

Profile photo of topdj
    topdj
    Participant

Id have to get new router for 5ghz I always had great range with the special firmware Linksys 2.4 but they seem to be very sensitive to other gear interfering. I’m hoping some gave give me some experience on the best choice. Because when 1 or 2 other WiFi is around it works great.

[XAP]Bob
    Participant

Do you have an android device around which could run a network scanner for you? That would show you what networks were broadcasting at what power and on which channels…

Profile photo of topdj
    topdj
    Participant

Oh Im pretty sure its other 2.4ghz stuff the places I see in my scan have sometime 4 channels being used near bye, I have reboot to change channels on the router. now I just need a find a 5gh one that has beamforming feature

Profile photo of DavidCo
    DavidCo
    Participant

IIRC, The idea of MIMO devices is not to allow multiple connections per se. It uses multiple antennae to create multiple data channels based upon multipath propagation. It actually works better indoors than outdoors, as the reflections and interference patterns of the building create the multipath propagation.

DC

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.