Beacon system for MON-FOH configuration

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ feature suggestions Beacon system for MON-FOH configuration

This topic contains 10 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of ioTon ioTon 3 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Kassu
    Kassu
    Participant

My proposal is to add ability to invoke flashing in FOH desk from MON desk (and vice versa) whenever desk are linked.
    This should go as following: pressing SoftKey in monitor desk should activate blinking light in front desk SoftKey
    to notify that there’s something that monitor engineer needs to inform FOH engineer through talkback (and vice versa).

I’m not sure if there’s MIDI or some other data than audio flowing between SLink connected desks, that could carry the messaging,
    but even if not there should be possibility to do this using pilot signal (i.e. 30kHz sine to trigger alarm) in channels that
    engineers have already dedicated for talkback.

The MixExtIn functionality is quite good in handling this problem but it works only when you have headphones on.
    This kind of beacon/alarm system could handle the blind spots of that.

Because this something engineers need to invent time and time again, having that onboard would make Allen&Heath mixers even better.

Profile photo of Mfk0815
    Mfk0815
    Participant

1+ and it would be helpful for the MixApp too. Because especially with the SQ there are a lot people out there using the MixApp for monitor sound control instead of a dedicated console.

Profile photo of MarkPAman
    MarkPAman
    Participant

Sounds like a great idea to me!

Profile photo of Bracumba
    Bracumba
    Participant

To me too 🙂

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

route an input from FOH to MON and put an active speaker on it, and vice versa

Profile photo of Kassu
    Kassu
    Participant

… I’m becoming too old to carry too much stuff. Trying to get rid of extra weight (at least on gear).

Profile photo of MarkPAman
    MarkPAman
    Participant

…. and some gigs are to quiet for shout boxes to be an option.

Profile photo of Flo
    Flo
    Participant

+1

Profile photo of Jgrift
    Jgrift
    Participant

Look at the Dante products from Glen Sound. I have have the little Dante POE speaker. And they have Dante call lights

Profile photo of Hugo
    Hugo
    Participant

If you use the same console (console + ipad for monitor), assign a softkey with a mute of an empty channel and it’s make light !

But a good idea, +1

Profile photo of ioTon
    ioTon
    Participant

If you work with 2 consoles:

you need 2 free channels on each console:
    ch 1: (TX console 1) use Sig Gen as input – route the Direct Out to to RX console 2 via sLink or Dante or Analog
    ch 2: (RX console 1) gets the Direct Out of TX console 2

use Pinknoise – Gain on the RX channels + 20 dB
    Softkey to mute / unmute the TX channel.

=> the Layerbutton (A-F) where your RX channel is locatet will indicate the PEAKing Pinknoise with a nice flickkering when there is Signal from the other console send…

Be aware of doing nothing wrong with highlevel pinknoise… 😉
    maybe a Sinewave of 20 Hz is less critical on a PA… 😉

greetings
    dd

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.