Bag or Case for Qu 16

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Bag or Case for Qu 16

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of mixsit mixsit 3 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of rogerpaolo
    rogerpaolo
    Participant

I am looking for a bag or case to transport my qu16 to an occasional gig or rehearsal. I don’t want a fully fledged flightcase (the allitaration… :)) because the unit is normally sitting in my studio and I need to manouver it off narrow stairs. I saw a Gator softcase, and the one from A&H themselves, but do you guys know if there is a plastic hardcase that will fit the Qu16?

thanks a lot!

Rogier

Profile photo of Scott
    Scott
    Participant

A bag is great if you what “lighter” but does not give the same protection as a case. I use a bag for my SQ5 but also have a cover on it, and have thick padding on top of the desk to give further protection to the faders. A bag is great, but you have to take extra precautions over a case when using one.

Gator makes some plastic cases but I don’t know the model numbers off the top of my head, nor do I know if the Qu16 will fit. You could also look for aluminum cases too, or contact a case manufacturer and have one custom built.

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

A QU16 fits almost perfect in this Gator case.

Gator QU16 Case

The mixer will need to set sideways in the case as in the mixer side to the top and bottom of the case as you would be carrying it.

The case comes with some blocking that velcro to the interior of the case fit the mixer.
    I did cut two pieces of 3/4 inch hard foam to slip in each side of the mixer.

The case works well for local transport, not something though I would use on a world tour being loaded into a semi trailer!!

I’ll get a picture and post it of my Qu16 in the case.

Profile photo of mixsit
    mixsit
    Participant

I went with this Gator case -served me well originally for a Mackie 1620 Onyx and happens to work just as well now with the QU16. ‘Finished the fit with slabs/bits from the foam collection out back :>)

Gator soft shell

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.