Backup Scenes / Channels to USB?

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ general discussions Backup Scenes / Channels to USB?

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Trunkdog Trunkdog 5 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of torstendrums
    torstendrums
    Participant

Hi!
    I‘m wondering how i can backup / copy my scenes and channel settings from my SQ6 board to the USB stick?
    On the stick there are folders named „scenes“ for example … so it must be possible? Or will this come with one of the next firmwares ?
    Cheers from cologne,
    Torsten 🙂

Profile photo of Flo84
    Flo84
    Participant

Hi,
    Actually you can only save a “Show” on USB stick.

Manual says :
    “A ‘Show’ allows you to store all SQ settings and scenes at once, and is used to back-up the mixer settings, or transfer them to another SQ, using SQ-Drive.The show manager is located in the ‘Utility’ screen, in the ‘USB Data’ tab.”

😉

Profile photo of Trunkdog
    Trunkdog
    Participant

Hello torstendrums,

Ditto on Flo84’s response.

Perhaps what you are looking for can easily be found by consulting the (RTFM) manual:

SQ Reference Guide V1.3.0
    Page 51-52
    11.4 Show manager (USB)

A ‘Show’ allows you to store all SQ settings and scenes at once, and is used to backup the mixer settings, or transfer them to another SQ, using SQ-Drive.The show manager is located in the ‘Utility’ screen, in the ‘USB Data’ tab

To store a show to a USB device:
    • Touch the ‘Store New’ button – you will be prompted to name the show

To recall a show
    • Touch a show to highlight it (use the touchscreen rotary to change selection orscroll through all shows) then touch the ‘Recall’ button.

To rename a scene:
    • Touch a show, then touch in the ‘Name’ field in the centre of the screen.To overwrite a scene:
    • Touch the scene to overwrite, then touch the ‘Overwrite’ button.

! Storing or recalling shows is not possible when SQ-Drive is being used for recording orplayback.
    ! Storing or recalling shows will interrupt USB-B streaming

If not I’ll be willing to bet it can be found / dispelled in A&H published literature or video elsewhere on the internet.

My search took me all of 15 seconds, considerably quicker than this post took…

Profile photo of torstendrums
    torstendrums
    Participant

Thanks! I was looking for saving several individual scenes but for backup it‘s ok with the shows i think. Thanks again for taking the time! 🙂

Profile photo of Trunkdog
    Trunkdog
    Participant

Quite welcome. Sorry I could not be of more definitive assistance. Best of luck.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.