AVB-Card

Tagged: , ,

This topic contains 16 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Dave Dave 1 year, 4 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Wolfgang
    Wolfgang
    Participant

I agree with the pessimists here:
    As long as the individual companies involved try to gain as many advantages as possible for themselves, there will be no agreement. The issue has been around for many years now – and apart from Audinate, no one has managed to get something off the ground that everyone else wants to participate in.
    As bad as it sounds, Dante will probably remain the lowest common denominator for the foreseeable future.

I don’t think it’s a sensible investment for A&H to develop a card that only individual users need. Something will have to change in the market first – and that includes the cooperation of as many manufacturers as possible.

Of course, we would all be happy if Milan became widely accepted. But it’s just not that far yet. Apart from Dante, there are only isolated solutions so far.

Profile photo of Dave
    Dave
    Participant

I don’t think it’s a sensible investment for A&H to develop a card that only individual users need. Something will have to change in the market first – and that includes the cooperation of as many manufacturers as possible.

Of course, we would all be happy if Milan became widely accepted. But it’s just not that far yet. Apart from Dante, there are only isolated solutions so far.

Isn’t that the point, though? To get everyone on the AVB/Milan page? It can’t be considered to be universal if it’s not supported by a vendor as important as A&H, so if you’re saying it needs to be universal before A&H should support it, then the industry is at an impasse.

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.