AVB as networking protocol

Forums Forums dLive Forums dLive General Discussions AVB as networking protocol

This topic contains 10 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of ahjeff ahjeff 8 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

will this be possible?

Profile photo of ahjeff
    ahjeff

Hi Steffenromeiss

The built-in Ethernet audio ports are all dedicated point-to-point links (GigaACE for surface connection, Dx for Expanders), but there’s no restriction on what protocols the I/O ports could support. These ports have an internal network connection to the system to allow better integration. I’m not sure if this answers your question?

– Jeff, A&H

SteffenR
    Participant

Hey Jeff, this answers my question not completly…

Is there a card with AVB for the I/O ports planned?

Profile photo of ahjeff
    ahjeff

OK, I’m afraid I don’t really know anything more than was stated on the A&H Facebook page which is “We will be announcing new 128×128 @ 96kHz networking cards later in the year”. Sorry that’s not very helpful.

Out of interest, is there any particular AVB equipment that you are looking at working with?

– Jeff

SteffenR
    Participant

No equipment at this point… but in future there could be some amps….
    CODA Audio Linus platform

SteffenR
    Participant

different question…

Is it possible to use the surface on different positions in a network connected to a GBIT switch?

Profile photo of mervaka
    mervaka
    Participant

Those amps appear to use a proprietary standard called LiNET. I’m not sure that merely using PTP and SRP from the AVB toolkit means the audio data is using the same protocol?

SteffenR
    Participant

AVB is intended for fixed installation and is only available in the Linus 10 as an option

Profile photo of ahjeff
    ahjeff

It should be possible to use GigaACE in a VLAN in the same way as you could with the ACE protocol. This should allow you to have multiple possible surface locations, but there could only ever be two GigaACE ports connected to the same network. I should add that nobody has actually tested this yet.

– Jeff

SteffenR
    Participant

so it means if i leave the other connections on the switch unused
    I can realize more than one possible position for the surface
    That was the idea…

Profile photo of ahjeff
    ahjeff

Yes, this was possible with ACE, and technically should be possible with GigaACE. Again please note that we have not so far proven this functionality.

– Jeff

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.