Avantis won’t boot up

Forums Forums Avantis Forums Avantis troubleshooting Avantis won’t boot up

This topic contains 4 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Keule Keule 3 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of cknowland01
    cknowland01
    Participant

I’m tech director at a local church. One of my tech failed to shut down the Avantis sequentially and threw the whole power supply off. The board won’t boot up. I did an advance option and updated firmware. Still nothing.

It’s showing the & logo on left screen and the user admin page on the right. Random. Frozen. Useless. The board has been in place for about 2 months.

Profile photo of volounteer
    volounteer
    Participant

@cknowland01

are you sequencing power on each device manually or do you have a power controller that does it after you properly turn off the mixer and it says safe to shut down?

Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

If the user login screen is displayed, I assume you tried to log in as one of the users? After a clean shutdown the desk will log in automatically with the last active user, unless a password is set. It sounds like the desk is expecting a manual log in. If that isn’t the case and the screen is indeed frozen, please contact us at support.allen-heath.com with a picture of the screens and we’ll be happy to assist.

Profile photo of Centner
    Centner
    Participant

having a similar issue. pulled my GlD out dropped the Avantis in and got everything configured. Went to set up the wireless went tinot setup menu and turned on enable DCHP – did a proper shut down to activate the changes but the board wont reboot – it sits in the boot up screen with the “&” symbol on both screens – left it for 2.5 hours still nothing – tried a firmware update and no changes.

Colin

Profile photo of Keule
    Keule
    Participant

There where similar, but not same problems with the gld and dhcp

Try to hook in there, is a proper dhcp server running and connected?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.