Avantis routing foh & me1 independently

Forums Forums Avantis Forums Avantis General Discussions Avantis routing foh & me1 independently

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Scott Scott 1 year, 11 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of BC
    BC
    Participant

So how do you route me1 outputs independent of foh so you can send wet mix to house & dry mix to musicians on me1s? ….meu dx168 dx hub avantis waves

Profile photo of Scott
    Scott
    Participant

If you are referring to “dry” as in FX, the MEs typically pick from the “input direct outs”, which depending on where they pull from in the signal chain will be dry unless you’ve inserted FX into a channel, and are pulling after the insert point.

In the case of mixes being sent to the MEs, create duplicate mixes that are specifically for the MEs if they need to be different than those going to FOH.

Profile photo of BC
    BC
    Participant

When I adjust foh faders it also adjusts me1 levels & fx. I recently came in to this church & system was in place. Musicians complain when I adjust faders or fx on channels as it also adjusts their mix on me1. I would like to isolate them from foh mix to their own mix with desired fx etc. meu dx168 dx hub avantis waves

Profile photo of Scott
    Scott
    Participant

It sounds as if the console / MEs aren’t properly configured. The FX returns can be routed to a group or an aux that feeds the MEs independently of the FOH mix. Main FOH fader should never effect monitors (MEs or otherwise).

Is the Main LR feeding matrix mixes where one is patched to the main PA and another to the MEs? If so then you should use the matrix master for the main FOH master, instead of the LR master (leave it at 0db).

Profile photo of BC
    BC
    Participant

I have all the iem on dcas but need to dig into internal routing of me1s from mixer if I up the verb or adjust faders on snare for instance, it changes in musician’s ears from me1

Profile photo of Scott
    Scott
    Participant

if I up the verb or adjust faders on snare for instance, it changes in musician’s ears from me1

It sounds like they’re getting your main LR mix. That’s totally okay, but they should also have individual channels from the channel direct outs. For me, I send 2 groups then individual channels. The groups are all drums and their related effects, and the other is everything else (minus drums) and their related effects. These groups only go to the MEs, and are not sent to FOH. These are there as a starting point for the musicians. Those who don’t want to bother building their entire mix can start with one or both of these groups, then add to it from the individual channels. Others would rather build the mix from each individual component.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.