Avantis MixPad and OneMix now available

Forums Forums Avantis Forums Avantis General Discussions Avantis MixPad and OneMix now available

This topic contains 26 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Brian Brian 7 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Aaron Lewis
    Aaron Lewis
    Participant

Any update on the app? We are loving our Avantis(es) (what’s the plural of Avantis? Avantis?) But I hate setting up iPads for all of my band members each time.

Profile photo of Brian
    Brian
    Participant

Allen and Heath must have fired all their software engineers. The online/offline editor has been talked about and “promised” for the last 15 months. It’s always “coming soon”. It’s a total joke at this point. I’d love to recommend the Avantis to everyone, but the lack of support from A&H speaks volumes to their commitment to the line. THERE IS NO SUPPORT FOR THE AVANTIS.

I’m beginning to wonder how much we can sell our Avantis for.

Profile photo of Jt
    Jt
    Participant

If anyone could help it would much appreciated.

Our understanding of the One Mix, is that if we enable the PEQ, the IEM iPad should be able to adjust that particular channel in their In Ears however we are finding that it’s controlling the board eq, compression etc.

So are we missing something in setup or is the One Mix strictly for controlling volume and the eq of the actual Aux Send IEM and not the individual channels?

Thanks

Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

Hi Jt,

Channel processing on OneMix controls channel processing on the Avantis mixer.

For channels that need independent processing for FoH and Monitors, it is typical to ‘split’ these channels in the mixer, so for example, a duplicate channel for the main vocal would let you separate the processing for monitor purposes. You can split as many channels as you like as long as you have spare channels, so if you only have say 32 inputs, you can use 33-64 as monitor channels.

In OneMix, you can enable/disable access to processing for each layer. My suggestion would be to enable processing for split channels only, and keep these in the ‘My Mix’ top layer, while all other channels sit in the other layers with no processing enabled.

Hope this helps.

Profile photo of Jt
    Jt
    Participant

Much appreciated! We will look into this. Thanks

Profile photo of Jt
    Jt
    Participant

Also does anyone know of any alternative in ear mixing apps, given it seems one mix won’t have much further development or support?

Thanks

Profile photo of Brian
    Brian
    Participant

The onemix program works fine. The biggest drawback is the fact that it is Apple iPad only. If you want something that is more universal then you will need to look at the CustomControl app. This app is available on just about every platform (Android, Apple, tablets, phones, etc). The downside to this app is that someone has to take the time to create/build the custom layers.

I created these layouts when our church was running monitors off our Avantis. We actually moved away from that and currently use a X32 Rack to run monitors with, but the CustomCOntrol system worked fine. We simply needed the extra busses for other uses, so getting the monitors off the Avantis freed up 16 busses.

Here is what our layouts looked like: https://imgur.com/gallery/FJX26Wk

Profile photo of Jt
    Jt
    Participant

Any chance you could further explain possibly step by step how to split a channel? Not sure where to find that at on the board.

Much appreciated

Profile photo of Thad
    Thad
    Participant

You can split an input by selecting the same preamp for two different channels. Say you want to “split” your lead vocal which is plugged into local socket 1 on your Avantis so you can process it differently in monitors than in the house. Assuming you’ve already got the vocal set up in channel 1 for front of house, and you want it also in channel 33 for monitors, then go to the preamp section for channel 33 and select local socket 1 as the source to feed it. Now local socket 1 is feeding both channel 1 and 33. Make sure to label 33 clearly (“Vox1Aux” or whatever) and go to the routing page for channel 33 and take it out of the mains so it’s only routed to monitors.

Profile photo of Jt
    Jt
    Participant

Much appreciated. Thank you!

Profile photo of Stephen
    Stephen
    Participant

Sooo TWO years and STILL no android app to control my $20,000 mixer?
    Any update on when it will be available? (FYI: not everyone uses Apple)

Profile photo of Brian
    Brian
    Participant

The third party app Mixing Station now supports the Avantis (QU, SQ, and DLive too). It is a fully featured app (unlike the A&H OneMix app) meaning just about every setting (except the “set the board up initially” type of settings) is changable with the app. Mixing Station is available on Android, iOS, Windows, Mac, and Linux. It is a much better solution than using the OneMix app and it’s is 100% worth the cost of the license. I highly suggest that you try it out.

https://mixingstation.app/

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.