Avantis MixPad and OneMix now available

Forums Forums Avantis Forums Avantis General Discussions Avantis MixPad and OneMix now available

This topic contains 26 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Brian Brian 7 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Ben A&H
    Ben A&H

We’re pleased to announce that Avantis’ MixPad and OneMix are now available for download.

MixPad
    Avantis MixPad is an engineer’s mixing tool providing wireless mobile control for Allen & Heath Avantis digital mixers. It gives you the freedom to walk the room or stage and control the sound right where it is needed.

OneMix
    OneMix is a cut down version of the Avantis MixPad app that locks control to a single Aux (monitor) mix. Multiple iPads may be set up by the ‘Admin’ user to give each musician customised personal monitor control via Wi-Fi connection to Avantis without the risk of affecting the other monitors or FOH main mix.

More information on the product page:
    https://www.allen-heath.com/avantis/

Profile photo of Korcraft
    Korcraft
    Participant

Could we get some links?. All I see is SQ Mixpad in the play store. Is it the same app?

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

no, it’s different
    it’s not available for Android at the moment
    the link above leads to the Appstore already

Korcraft
    Participant

The link above (that I see) leads to info about Avantis.

Thanks for the info though. Hopefully android is out soon.

SteffenR
    Participant

you can scroll down to the links to the app store
    it’s on the same page

Profile photo of Wolfgang
    Wolfgang
    Participant

I downloaded the app and tried it offline. It’s basically the same app as for the dLive, just with different colors.

Please forgive my criticism, but I think the SQ app is much more advanced.
    In the dLive app, and now also in the app for Avantis, for example, there is no way to copy settings from one mix channel to another. When setting up monitor paths, you shouldn’t have to start from scratch every time you need to set up a monitor path, especially if you have to use unknown monitors.
    That’s why I haven’t used the dLive app for a long time and bought a tablet for this purpose on which I can run the Director software.

In my opinion it would have been better to use the basis of the SQ app. I really hope that this will be changed.
    And then please also change it for the dLive 😉

Translated with http://www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

SteffenR
    Participant

and Android support would be welcome for Avantis and dLive

Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

@wolfgang
    Criticism accepted. Porting the existing dLive apps was the quickest route to market. Qu and SQ use a fundamentally different language and control protocol, therefore a multi-platform app and phone compatibility for Avantis would have required a much longer development path.
    Also bear in mind that Avantis will get a fully-featured Mac / Win offline / online editor later this year. Qu and SQ don’t have one hence the need for more comprehensive apps.

SteffenR
    Participant

but still… Android support is missing on the dLive and the Avantis platform
    at least tablet compatibility would be very welcome

Korcraft
    Participant

Agreed…When is Android meant to be released?

Profile photo of LBET
    LBET
    Participant

Right then. The CSPO in me is yelling the following user epics;

UE-1 As an Avantis user/sound engineer I can copy channel strips, buss’ and all other settings from one mix to any channel on another using either the offline editor or on the console itself so that I don’t have to setup scene elements from scratch that exist in other scenes.

UE-2 As an Avantis user/sound engineer I will be able to use an android lollipop based tablet to run the offline editor so that I don’t need to spend $700 on the latest greatest tablet to get the job done.

UE-3 As an A&H software engineer, I will be able to use a compile switch that allows me to choose to compile my app directly to iOS or Android OS.

Let’s call UE-3 a stretch goal. 😉

Profile photo of Bruce
    Bruce
    Participant

How many devices can be connected with one console at the same time?

Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

@bruce
    Avantis, like dLive, accepts a max of 40 TCP connections. These include any OneMix or MixPad app, any IP controller, Custom Control app etc.
    In reality, the true bandwidth of your access point is likely to be the bottleneck.
    Have a look at this article which was written for dLive, but applies to Avantis too:
    https://support.allen-heath.com/Knowledgebase/Article/View/how-many-simultaneous-director-mixpad-and-onemix-connections-are-possible-with-a-dlive-system

Profile photo of Wolfgang
    Wolfgang
    Participant

Hello Nicola, at this point I would like to thank you again for your feedback.

I hope you didn’t have to stop your work because of Covid-19 as well, so that the development team can continue working on solutions for us!

Stay healthy!

Profile photo of Bruce
    Bruce
    Participant

@nicola A&H
    Thank you very much!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.