Avantis Input names

Forums Forums Avantis Forums Avantis General Discussions Avantis Input names

Tagged: 

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of keith_mohr keith_mohr 2 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of keith_mohr
    keith_mohr
    Participant

How do you change an input name, or delete an input name? I added some inputs for a show and no longer need them, but they still show up in the drag and drop channel setup. Thanks!

Profile photo of Scott
    Scott
    Participant

Tap the channel to select it. Tap the top left corner of the screen where the name shows to change the name and color.

keith_mohr
    Participant

Thanks Scott. I’m aware of how to label channels, I am referring to where you drag and drop inputs ordering them. Inputs I am not using are still displaying that I am no longer using. How do you get rid of them?

Profile photo of Scott
    Scott
    Participant

Drag them up and off of the channel strip.

Profile photo of Scott
    Scott
    Participant

To clarify,

Setup tab -> Control -> Strip assign

Then drag the ones that you want to get rid of up, away from the strips at the bottom after selecting the bank(s) / layer(s) in question.

keith_mohr
    Participant

Thanks Scott, yes.. I’m aware how to drag and drop, but why do inputs I no longer use still display as a choice in the input list to drag and drop? How do you delete old inputs you bought longer need?

Profile photo of Scott
    Scott
    Participant

The inputs are always there. 64 of them on Avantis.

keith_mohr
    Participant

thanks again. Yes, I do understand they are always there, but what if you want to change the name of the input. For example, On inputs 12-13 I had 2 inputs, labeled “perks-L” and “perks-R” But I only needed them for 1 show. Now, I cant figure out how to either delete them or change the name of the input. They are showing up in the section where you can drag and drop inputs to create channel strips. Its pretty confusing. I must be missing something very simple:)

Profile photo of Scott
    Scott
    Participant

Those names are the same names as I mentioned in my first reply. Add those channels to a layer. Rename them or delete the names. Drag them back off of the layer.

keith_mohr
    Participant

thanks for your patience. I got back on the console today and see the issue.. user error on my part, lol. All is well again!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.