Avantis froze and acted like hacked

Forums Forums Avantis Forums Avantis troubleshooting Avantis froze and acted like hacked

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Florian Steppke Florian Steppke 1 year, 10 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Mat420
    Mat420
    Participant

I just had a 20 show tour with my Avantis. The mixer had 2 times a complete freeze. Both could only be fixed with a restart. Second freeze, caused by a few drops of water (like a few raindrops), the mixer began to change config settings by itself, deleted chanelstrips,… The mixer behaved as if it was hacked or controlled remotely. I suspect that the touchscreens are too sensitive, maybe a kind of threshold for the touch sensitivity would be helpful to avoid fails like this…
    it is definitely sobering if a complete freeze happens two times by 20 gigs.
    10% fail rate, that doesn’t make you feel good….

Profile photo of Brian
    Brian
    Participant

It could be a defective unit. I know we have run a lot more than 20 shows and have never experienced anything close to what you describe. I also know that I’m not alone in this.

Profile photo of Florian Steppke
    Florian Steppke
    Participant

My Avantis completely froze 5 times in 2 years. Sometimes it freezes for some seconds and comes back to life. I hope that there will be a solution or a Bugfix in the next firmware. At the Moment i try to do most things with the App. It never froze while working with the App.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.