Avantis Freezing for 5 secs at a time

Forums Forums Avantis Forums Avantis troubleshooting Avantis Freezing for 5 secs at a time

This topic contains 8 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of arock arock 1 year, 9 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of psarahtonen
    psarahtonen
    Participant

We have the firmware v1.13 and everything was working for 2 weeks and then today… The board, levels indicators, buttons, rotaries, everything freezes for about 5 secs for 5 seconds and then works again for 5 secs and over and over and over…

For instance, the RTA meter will freeze for 5 seconds, then animate for 5, then freeze, etc.

When the board is in the active 5 second state everything seems to work. in the inactive 5 second state all the rotaries and faders seem to make their adjustment which is then applied as soon as it unfreezes. However, mute buttons and soft buttons only work and toggle their function when in the 5 second active state.

Troubleshooting so far with no effect:
    – power cycled both hard and soft shutdowns
    – reloaded scenes
    – turned off Dante

So… anyone else? Any theories?

video of symptoms available on request

Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

We’d be interested in having a look at your logs and Show file. Could you start a ticket at https://support.allen-heath.com/ and attach both?

psarahtonen
    Participant

THanks Nicola- I’ll figure out how to save log files and get that to you.

Further troubleshooting that did NOT resolve the issue are:
    – Recalling firmware v1.11 scenes
    – Recalling firmware v1.11 show files

I will try to retro-date back to firmware V1.11 when the mixer was more stable. But I’m afraid that will introduce different problems.

Is there a chance that all of out MEs, IP6s and IP8s + the remote snake heads also need to have firmware updates?

Thanks

Profile photo of Crwoo
    Crwoo
    Participant

Do you have any IP controllers connected to it? I have seen the same issue and when i rebooted an IP1 controller and it was solved. you can test by disconnecting the controllers one at a time.

psarahtonen
    Participant

Yes! 4 MEs, 4 IP6s and 1 IP8. I will try that.

I wondered if I needed to update the firmware on all of those to chase the new firmware V1.13 in the Avantis.

psarahtonen
    Participant

Crwoo! I unplugged the IP6s and IP8 restarted the Avantis and all is good again!

Thanks!!!

psarahtonen
    Participant

And it’s back!

I’ve narrowed it down to one of our IP6s… I think.

Profile photo of Crwoo
    Crwoo
    Participant

Glad it solved your problem. for me it worked simply rebooting the IP1…not the console.

Profile photo of arock
    arock
    Participant

We are seeing this behavior with a single IP8 connected – I believe our board is on v 1.13 as well. I see this behavior listed as known issue ID1031 in the v1.03 release notes, but it is not listed under v1.10 notes in either the Fixes or Known Issues list. Seems clear it should still be listed as a known issue right?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.