Avantis Firmware 1.1 preview at NAMM

Forums Forums Avantis Forums Avantis General Discussions Avantis Firmware 1.1 preview at NAMM

Tagged: 

This topic contains 16 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Scott Scott 3 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Brian
    Brian
    Participant

On Friday, Jack posted a link in a Facebook Avantis group to a live event being held at NAMM that previewed the “pending” 1.1 firmware release and the new features it is bringing.

Was this event recorded and will it be available for viewing?

Furthermore, why was this event not advertised here in the official Allen and Heath forum, but rather a random non-official Facebook group???

Profile photo of Jack_AH
    Jack_AH

Hey Ben,

Jack here!

It was up on the main Believe in Music schedule of our website. I just thought I’d pop a message on Facebook.

I’ll certainly bare in mind putting something in here in the future, apologies to any that missed it.

The session was recorded I believe. I’m not entirely sure when it will be available, will have a word with the Marketing team on Monday and get back to you.

Profile photo of Brian
    Brian
    Participant

Thanks Jack.

I hope it can be available to view. I know we are all ready for 1.1 to come out and it would be nice to know what changes are going to be in it.

Profile photo of Brian
    Brian
    Participant

FYI – I found the Vimeo link for the firmware update video. Enjoy! https://vimeo.com/502714246

Profile photo of AdamsFlys
    AdamsFlys
    Participant

One thing mentioned at one point in the forums in the past was dynamic labels coming for the Avantis in custom control with version 1.1, but I didn’t see this mentioned anywhere in the keynote. Does anyone know if this will in fact make it into the 1.1 release, or is that something that I’m going to again have to wait longer on?

Profile photo of Chris.Nelson
    Chris.Nelson
    Participant

This video appears to be removed from the internet, can anyone tell me what was talked about for the Avantis firmware?

Profile photo of Brian
    Brian
    Participant

I’m going off memory here but I know they talked about these things:

– Avantis Director software (online controller and off-line editor for the Avantis)
    – Software was rewritten to optimize performance (they didn’t say the annoying pauses when trying cut/past/reset are gone, but hopefully they are)
    – A couple of new Deep plugins – the LA2A compressor and one other (perhaps the Hypabass FX) from the Dlive series
    – Support for Shure wireless – But this has since been back off by A&H employees on this forum. I guess they are having problems with it and don’t want to delay the release any more than needed. It will be coming eventually, but probably not in 1.1.

I may be forgetting things too.

I will add that given the length of time needed to put out this update, I was a little disappointed in the low number of features they talked about. Don’t get me wrong, some of these things are pretty big (like Avantis Director), but it still seemed a little underwhelming IMHO. Of course maybe they are fixing a lot of the little annoyances and didn’t talk about them. I did feel the talk was more of a broad overview and not an attempt to talk about every detail, so hopefully there will be plenty of small changes they didn’t talk about. We will have to wait and see.

Profile photo of volounteer
    volounteer
    Participant

@brian

support for shure wireless ????????

Profile photo of Scott
    Scott
    Participant

@williamadams They said that was coming but not in the next update. It would have further delayed it, so they opted to include that at a later date.

volounteer
    Participant

@scott

thanks
    but what support?

are you saying shure RF mikes can’t be used with avantis now ?

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

are you saying shure RF mikes can’t be used with avantis now ?

NO!

Dante control of the wireless receiver through a menu on the mixer it the update being talked about.

volounteer
    Participant

thanks

that makes sense. I did not see Dante control of the receiver being noted.

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

It’s not only Dante control… it’s remote control, even without Dante it works on dLive

volounteer
    Participant

okay

learn me please

what is the purpose of remote control of rf receivers to matching rf mikes transmitting to them?

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

You can monitor HF level, drop outs and battery status
    If you have an event where the desk is 100m away from the receivers very helpful
    or a situation where you just cant walk to the receivers

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.