Avantis Fader Issues

Forums Forums Avantis Forums Avantis General Discussions Avantis Fader Issues

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Jemx Jemx 11 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of DaveH
    DaveH
    Participant

Hello!

I’ll be purchasing a new Avantis within the next month or two. I have a couple of questions beforehand.

I’ve heard about fader issues with the Avantis, but also heard the issue was corrected with the new shipments. Can anyone confirm or deny this?

Also, I’m coming from SQ. Is it possible to transfer my show files to the Avantis?

Thanks!

Profile photo of Brian
    Brian
    Participant

Unfortunately, there is no way to convert/transfer show files from one A&H system to another. You can however use the Avantis Director software “offline” (meaning it doesn’t have to be connected to a console) and create a show file this way. You can spend the next month or two with the software setting the console up exactly how you want it. Once you actually receive the Avantis, you can store the Director show onto the actual console and be up and running almost immediately.

Profile photo of DaveH
    DaveH
    Participant

Thank you, Brian!

Profile photo of Jemx
    Jemx
    Participant

Hello Dave,

I can maybe provide a (paid) service to convert your showfile between Allen&Heath consoles. I’ve written some custom software to copy the parameters of one console to another, but not tested it with SQ yet. If you want we can try to figure something out.

My software can currently not convert every parameter, but most of them. What can be done is everything a channel strip can do (minus inserts), aux sends, groups, dcas, fx returns, fx sends and a few things more.

If you are interested, write me a message 🙂

Cheers Jemx

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.