Avantis Console 64×64 Dante

Forums Forums Avantis Forums Avantis troubleshooting Avantis Console 64×64 Dante

Tagged: 

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of SteffenR SteffenR 3 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Anthem Church
    Anthem Church
    Participant

Error code mSource Type 4/file/bridge/console/stage
    please advis,e firmware 1.3 version

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

this is a public support forum by users

if you got a serious problem contact the product support team in your region
    I guess this would be your dealer or installer in the first place

Profile photo of cknowland01
    cknowland01
    Participant

I had an older 64×64 Dante card from my GLD-80, got the retrofit cartridge, and put it successfully in my new Avantis console. Worked great! Virtual playback, recording, everything was as expected. I am now adding the GLD back into my line up as an online stream audio mixer. I purchased and install the new 64×64 Dante card for the Avantis, and now my computer host/Dante controller which also runs REAPER is dumbed down to 32 tracks from 64. Sounds like 96K is being forced on the system. How do I change/control/manipulate the Dante card in the Avantis to communicate at 48K, as it did with the older Dante card? Or how do I make the computer the masterclock and slave the Avantis…or should I. Before, with the older card, it was plug and play. super easy, no headaches. Now….my head hurts.

Thoughts, recommendations….punt?

Profile photo of Showtime
    Showtime
    Participant

In the dante controller you can set the card at 48khz. Then it should work.

Profile photo of cknowland01
    cknowland01
    Participant

Thanks for the quick response. Is that setting in the Dante Software controller? Or on the card itself? I tried setting the clock to 48k with the Dante Controller software and it still connect sync. The error is reading that the clocks are different.

I’ll try it again and reboot everything and see if the can sync up.

Thanks again.

Profile photo of Showtime
    Showtime
    Participant

The 48k or 96k setting you find in the dante controller under device view, select avantis card and under the tab device config.

Also check clock setting’s, there is only one master and the rest is slave.

Richard

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

one card should be the master but should be synced to the board at the same time
    the other (GLD) would follow

the computer is not able to do the master clock if it is using DVS
    only hardware Dante devices can act as master clock

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.