Avantis as recording desk?

Forums Forums Avantis Forums Avantis General Discussions Avantis as recording desk?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of AlexIG AlexIG 3 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of guitarman
    guitarman
    Participant

Hi everybody,

does somebody using the avantis console as a recording mixer in their home studio? if so, what are your experiences? best regards

Profile photo of AlexIG
    AlexIG
    Participant

Yes. So far it’s been great. I have mix’s for the headphones in the recording room, then for my mixing room speakers. I can record any channel I want. The preamps sound awesome. I would totally recommend it. You will have to buy the $1600 dante card and the dante virtual sound card software to connect it to your computer through dante. If you have more specific questions feel free to ask.

Profile photo of guitarman
    guitarman
    Participant

Hi Alex,
    Thank you for your answer. The quality of the preamps is very important to me, good to hear that the preamps sound great!
    Do you also use the Avantis to control a DAW, or is this option not (yet) implemented? And is the Avantis generally easy to use?
    Best regards, Beat

Profile photo of AlexIG
    AlexIG
    Participant

I use cubase 10 btw. For using it to control the DAW the feature isnt fully integrated but u can still use it, just the names of channels wont pop up on the LCD’s on the avantis. I’m terms of use it took me a couple hours of messing around to get used to it. Its very easy to use once u understand the board. I’ve previously worked on other high end boards and it alwys felt that the placement of settings on them was off. It took awhile to get used to them on those boards. On the avantis all the settings are easy to understand and placed right. It’s almost as if they used common sense to map out the mixer. You can orient the board in any way you want. All the channels and strips are movable, tons of custom buttons, plenty of faders. It’s honestly awesome and perfect for what I do. And about the preamps, they truly do sound great in my opinion.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.