Available FX / Bus Config / Interface card questions.

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ general discussions Available FX / Bus Config / Interface card questions.

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of billkeown billkeown 6 years ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of billkeown
    billkeown
    Participant

Hi. I have a couple of questions about SQ architecture and features. I have trawled the onling documentation and architchture, these are the only things that I cannot find any documentation for, forgive me if I have missed the answers.

1. Is there a published list of specific FX models that can be loaded into FX slots in the current architecture? As a long time A&H Digital user this is very important.

2. This has been asked elsewhere, but are there any plans to be able to split matrices down into mono channels?
    – 3 stereo matrices is very restrictive. The ability to break these into mono’s would be most useful.
    eg 1+2 = Main LR (ST) / 3 = Sub (Mono) / 4 = Lipfill (Mono) / 5+6 = Record Mtx (ST)

3. If you’re driving a mono source from one of the 12 mono buses is there an option to lock it to mono ie disable pan controls to that mix and increase master send level internally to account for only side of the bus being used?

4. Will any older interface cards be useable with the SQ? I have a handful of ‘M’ cards from the iLive series.

Thanks for your time. I’ll check back soon for updates.

Cheers

Profile photo of Rob-Spence
    Rob-Spence
    Participant

The card slot is not compatible with the older M series cards. Sigh… My M-Dante card won’t fit.

billkeown
    Participant

Hi Rob,

Thanks for that, I had a feeling that might be the case. It’s not a huge deal, just would’ve been nice.

Can anybody contribute to the other questions above?

Cheers

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

mixes can be mono or stereo

billkeown
    Participant

Nice one Steffan.

Could anyone point me towards answers to the first two questions? A list of onboard FX in this FW release and if there are any plans to allow matrices to split to mono?

Cheers
    Bill

billkeown
    Participant

Hi All,

Sorry – I’m being persistant.

I really need to know if the SQ series has a dynamic EQ in the fx or if it likely will with future FW versions?

The SQ is a very strong contender at the moment, even if I will need to rack up a DPR901 mkII to keep running my show as I do at present.

Cheers
    ~Bill

Profile photo of Art
    Art
    Participant

I really need to know if the SQ series has a dynamic EQ in the fx or if it likely will with future FW versions?

Currently, it does not. I think we all assume that it will get one soon, but A&H would have to confirm that, and that’s not likely to happen.

Of course, when the Waves card comes out (which should be soon), you will have access to those plugins.

billkeown
    Participant

Thanks Art, Much appreciated.

For now I’ll be racking up one bit of analogue outboard and crossing my fingers! I am a fan of waves, but this show doesn’t need the complexity. We have waves servers in stock but I’m just playing the keep it simple game. Less is more!

Cheers
    Bill

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.