Availability of Waves M-Waves v2 Card for SQ.

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ general discussions Availability of Waves M-Waves v2 Card for SQ.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of mikehulse mikehulse 5 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of mikehulse
    mikehulse
    Participant

Hello,

My first post here.

I have been considering purchasing an SQ. Being able to find the M-Waves v2 card in stock seems impossible, and it is what is stopping me. All I can find is v3 or Dante. Is there some reason for this? Maybe I am looking in the wrong place?

I would love to get my hands on that mixer, but I need it to work with all of my Digigrid gear.

Thanks in advance,

Michael

Profile photo of Jens-Droessler
    Jens-Droessler
    Participant

I’d be surprised if you could find ANY Waves cards for SQ, as there is no Waves card for the SQ yet. The Waves V1 and V2 are for GLD and iLive, the Waves V3 is for dLive. And I’m not sure if and why a V3 shouldn’t be working with DigiGrid when a V2 would work with it.

Profile photo of Showtime
    Showtime
    Participant

The first dante card’s are now available, sq card end of august, waves card for the sq is very quit at this moment.

If the waves card is a problem you have to wait.

mikehulse
    Participant

Thank you for the replies. I think the v3 is 128 where the v2 is 64, like the SQ series. I don’t know if any of these will fit. I assumed the current cards would work, or new ones would have been ready before shipping. Too good to be true.

While I am dreaming, a nice editor for my touchscreen monitor that I could edit from would be nice: – ).

Thanks again guys.

Michael

Profile photo of lightingman117
    lightingman117
    Participant

If you want Waves now, you can use Dante; but it’ll cost a bit more than waiting for a waves card.

https://www.waves.com/hardware/hear-technologies-wsg-bridge

mikehulse
    Participant

Thank you for the reply lightningman117.

I know the WSG Connect is designed to integrate Waves with Dante, but help me clarify: I would connect the WSG Connect to my Gigabit switch and the stock SQ I/O Port without a Dante or Waves card installed in the port? I could just use the Dante VSC with all of this?

I guess I should have explained my situation a little better. The SQ mixer would be used in the live room of my multi control room studio. I know SQ is a live board, but look what it can do in a studio! For the most part, it would serve as a monitor mixer in the live room. As is, the SQ’s 12 monitor mixes with all the bells and whistles would be incredible, and it is worth the price of admission just for that.

I am certainly out of my depth on this forum, but what better place to ask all of this. I am sure it’s easy to see why I am trying to stick with the Waves card, rather than Dante. Right now I already have a Digigrid IOC, an IOX, and Server One, my Mac, and a fast PC I built, attached to a switch. I am using Digigrid because the expansion capabilities allow me to prepare for a bigger building. Add to this all of the routing capabilities of the Waves/Digi, throw in my Apollo, and Motu stuff, and you can see how I could easily get confused – and need a whiskey.

In short, I am trying to phase out the Motu and Apollo, only using the Apollo for preamps/Townsend Mic/effects – and go exclusively Digigrid in the studio – except for that beautiful SQ mixer. I just need to make sure the SQ caan talk to Digigrid.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.