AUX1 doesn't work

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu troubleshooting AUX1 doesn't work

Tagged: 

This topic contains 12 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of obucek obucek 9 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of obucek
    obucek
    Participant

Hello!

My AUX1 doesn’t work on QU-32. I don’t know if is problem with routing or is problem with AUX1. How to check? I change cables, different canal but no lucky. I have signal from line but nothing come into monitor from AUX1. All other AUXs works fine.

How to reset all routings on AUXs.

If I reset qu32 will that help or I have to send mixer to repair service?

Thx and all the best.

Profile photo of MarkPAman
    MarkPAman
    Participant

OK, some things to check:

Look at page 29 of the User Guide & go to the “Mix Sends” screen – is Aux 1 set up the same as the other AUX that do work?

If you look at the meter display (Home – Meters, I think) can you see a signal gong out of AUX 1?

Page 57 of the User Guide – is AUX one still patched where you think it should be.

If none of the above helps, then try resetting the mixer (page 67).

Profile photo of Dick Rees
    Dick Rees
    Participant

The channels need to be assigned (routed) to the desired aux/mix. Select the Aux 1, then press the “assign” button on the LH side of the console and press the “select” button of each channel you want to route to the aux/mix while holding down the “assign” button.

That should do it. When you press the assign button while Aux 1 is selected, all channels that are assigned to it should light up green. If not, do the above.

Profile photo of dpdan
    dpdan
    Participant

also check that Aux 1 is pre or post fader, whichever you prefer.

Profile photo of obucek
    obucek
    Participant

Thx for answer.

I see signal and all is configure like in aux2. But no sound. Only if I turn gain and master to max then is very low signal on output. But very very quiet.

I reset mixer.
    I downgrade and upgrade again and still nothing.

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

So the meter is registering the same signal level on Mix1 and on Mix 2.

But when you plug a speaker between them it provides a “sane” output for Mix 2 and virtually nothing for Mix 1?

If that’s the case then I’d suggest there is an issue with the board output. Can you get hold of (for test purposes) a stagebox?

Looking at the system block diagram the meter is *the* last item in the processing chain before the DAC

Profile photo of mamerica
    mamerica
    Participant

Is this a new mixer? Did Aux1 ever work?
    If it is new, can you simply exchange it at the store? It sounds to me like the output amp for aux1 is blown.

Profile photo of obucek
    obucek
    Participant

Yes. Its new and I will send them to repair.

Thx to all 😉

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

I will ask as MAmerica did. Did Aux 1 EVER work?

Profile photo of obucek
    obucek
    Participant

Don’t know because mixer is new and I use them for the first time on concert and there I recognize that AUX1 doesn’t work.

Profile photo of topdj
    topdj
    Participant

Seems like they should have caught that at the factory, I just got a new Qu-24 last week to go with my qu-16. I suppose I should check all my channels and mix outputs just to make sure they are in good working order

Profile photo of Dick Rees
    Dick Rees
    Participant

You have not answered whether or not you have checked the channel assignments to Aux 1. It would seem they should be assigned, but you need to double check.

Have you checked this?

Profile photo of obucek
    obucek
    Participant

Hello! I send mixer to service and they will change back panel. Bad lucky 😉

Thx to all

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.