Aux send tab in processing menu

Forums Forums GLD Forums GLD general discussions Aux send tab in processing menu

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of cygnusx-1 cygnusx-1 5 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of cygnusx-1
    cygnusx-1
    Participant

Ok, here is yet another newbie question. I have watched every video possible. As I have stated in other posts, I am learning as I go seeing as I took over for someone who jetted short notice. Here’s my question. Today I spent time setting up my inputs the way I wanted them via the snakes. Going through and re assigning stuff to dca groups etc. So here is my question. When I hit sel on a channel strip, then go to processing, there is the aux tab. When I highlight the tab, there are virtual pot’s that say, drums, guitars, vocals etc. On each strip they are all over the map volume wise. The problem is, I have no idea what they control or send to? We are running 6 iem monitors and I am guessing these are the sends? I can’t seem to find out via training videos of pdf’s what the heck they do? ANy help is greatly appreciated.

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

Well this is something I never used. I still have an 80 but it’s in my warehouse. I only use it a few times a year. I’ll see if I can figure it out on the editor when I can fire it up.

Profile photo of Scott
    Scott
    Participant

The “Aux” tab is just another way of looking at all of the current aux sends set for a given channel. This would be much like pushing the “Mix” button on the channel and then looking at the aux masters.

I can’t remember if you said that this was a church or not, but if so perhaps auxes are being used for other purposes as well as IEMs. Cry room feeds, video feeds?

Profile photo of Scott
    Scott
    Participant

…One more thing. You can reset the aux sends by going to the layer that contains your aux masters then holding down the “Reset” button between the fader banks and tapping the “Mix” button on any of the auxs that you want to reset. Doing this will effectively turn every channel’s send all the way down on that aux mix.

Profile photo of cygnusx-1
    cygnusx-1
    Participant

Ok, I spent some more time and figured this out. The aux sends are being used for my IEM’s. I think the trouble I have been having is going from Analog where I see all the connections, knobs etc, to the virtual world. Man this helped out my monitor mixes for the musicians. Thanks again guys. Like I said, I have been thrown into this with absolutely no knowledge of this thing or how it worked. I now have a good grasp.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.