Aux Mix1-8 Select Buttons – Non responsive

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ troubleshooting Aux Mix1-8 Select Buttons – Non responsive

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Lino Lino 5 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Swell
    Swell
    Participant

Hey Everyone,

The Mix Select buttons are non-responsive. In other words, I can select the LR, or Groups 9-12. But Mix Select buttons 1-8 are non responsive. I also cannot select the mix1-8 on the touch screen of the mixer either. The only workaround short of power cycling the whole mixer (not an option during a live show) was to save the show/scene, then recall a different show/scene, select the mix I wanted to use, (mix1 for example), then go back and recall the actual show/scene I was working on. It would allow me to mix within that selected mix as long as I wanted. But I selected a Group 9-12 or LR, then I would have to start all over and go through the workaround again. The Mix1-8 were not working.

Does that make sense? Kind of strange right?

Details:
    SQ-5.
    Firmware 1.2
    AB168 Connected.
    Wifi Router and iPad connected.

I feel like this is repeatable as it has happened more than once. Maybe I can take a video and show you what’s going on.

Any advice or Tips?
    Has this happened with anyone else?

Profile photo of Alex A&H
    Alex A&H
    Keymaster

Hi DJ Swell,

Could you start a ticket at support.allen-heath.com and we will look into this for you.

Thanks!

Alex

Profile photo of Parci
    Parci
    Participant

Is there an update on this? I had the same problem today.

Profile photo of Parci
    Parci
    Participant

After some troubleshooting: the probleem seems to occur when you have the GEQ open on the flipped faders on the L&R and then press one of the mix knobs OR when you do a reset of the GEQ (either a mix or the L&R). Loading the same scene or rebooting, solves the problem.

Profile photo of Lino
    Lino
    Participant

Apparently they managed to deploy a fix with Firmware 1.2.1, at least that’s what the release notes suggest.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.