Aux-Group Feature

Forums Forums GLD Forums GLD feature suggestions Aux-Group Feature

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of johaennsan johaennsan 8 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of johaennsan
    johaennsan
    Participant

I don’t think I have ever seen this before, but I’m sometimes in the situation to have to use two different auxes for a drummer, playing with IEM (Stereo aux for just his drums, mono aux for the rest of the band, so that he can adjust levels independently). Now if he tells me “I need more Kick and some Guitar”, I have to first select one mix, adjust a level, go to the other mix and adjust another level.

In this situations I would love to be able to do something similar to group and main mixes: One of them is selected, but if I adjust levels, it changes the level only on the mixes the channel is assigned to.
    Maybe it is possible by changing something in the ganging functions, but at the moment, I can’t get it to work

I hope it is possible to understand, what I wanted to explain…
    I think it would be a really cool feature to use in a lot of different occasions.

Profile photo of Chris93
    Chris93
    Participant

The GLD can do “reverse sends on fader” where pressing the mix button on an input channel makes the output faders become send levels from that channel to those mixes. It’s still the same amount of button pressing in this case because you’re sending two different channels, but it can be faster for sending one channel to lots of mixes.

Are you asking for a feature where pressing “Mix” on Aux 1 would also press “Mix” on Aux 2 so you could send multiple channels to both mixes at the same time?

Chris

johaennsan
    Participant

I know about the “reverse sends on fader”, but what I want to achieve could be described by what you wrote in your last sentence.
    I want two (or more…) auxes to share the same Fader-levels but different assignments (similar to master/group assignments/levels)

Profile photo of Scott
    Scott
    Participant

You can gang the mix outputs (faders) to achieve that.

johaennsan
    Participant

Could you explain wich parameters exactly i would have to gang?
    I tried it before and couldn’t get it to work.
    Side note: It’s not possible to gang Mono and Stereo Auxes together.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The forum ‘GLD feature suggestions’ is closed to new topics and replies.