Aux fed sub ganging

Forums Forums GLD Forums GLD general discussions Aux fed sub ganging

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of MikeShand MikeShand 9 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of MikeShand
    MikeShand
    Participant

It’s easy enough to set up aux fed subs using a mono aux and LR, but it would be kind of nice to be able to gang at least the mutes of these, and possibly the fader so, for example you could put the sub aux on another layer and save space in layer 1. But I can’t see any way to do this, because you don’t seem to be able to gang LR with anything. Not a big deal obviously, but I just want to check I’m not missing something obvious.

Profile photo of Chris93
    Chris93
    Participant

You can assign them both to the same DCA and mute them from there. That’ll only give you remote mute and fader, but that sounds like what you want.

Another benefit of using the DCA is that you can offset the levels between LR and your sub aux but still have one-fader control of the overall level. Whether you’d want to offset LR and sub is an entirely different question, but you could. 🙂

Chris

Profile photo of MikeShand
    MikeShand
    Participant

Ah yes! Of course. That would work nicely. I could put the DCA on bank one for run of the mill control of FOH levels and hide the actual faders away on bank 4, so I could alter their relative gain if I wanted to and I have access to the mix of the sub when I want to change the assignment of channels to the sub. Very nice solution. Thanks.

Mike

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.