Automation on QU 16: Newbe question

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Automation on QU 16: Newbe question

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Clardy Sound Clardy Sound 9 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of WaihekeSoundie
    WaihekeSoundie
    Participant

Ok.. I know this is a newbe question.. but I’ve never used a desk with fader automation from my DAW ok 🙂

SO — if the automation in my DAW is instructing my mixer faders to move to follow an automation track would I damage the faders if I held them and resisted that movement? I’m guessing not because how else can I over-write those automation tracks from the mixer but it feels really wrong – like I might burn out the motors .. can someone just confirm please..

Thanks

Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

The fader knobs on Qu-16 and Qu-24 are not touch sensitive. Unfortunately this limits their use with DAW automation, as the mixer cannot sense your willingness to overwrite the movement. You can use Write and Read automation modes only I’m afraid – Touch, Latch or similar will not work, as you have noticed.

Profile photo of WaihekeSoundie
    WaihekeSoundie
    Participant

Ahh.. thought that was worth confirming.
    Thanks for replying so quickly Nicola.

Andy

Profile photo of Clardy Sound
    Clardy Sound
    Participant

So if you try to move the faders against the motor to, will it damage the fader or motor? How do you write new automation in the middle of a song without destroying what automation you have already written?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.