Automatic feedback suppression?

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ feature suggestions Automatic feedback suppression?

This topic contains 9 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of volounteer volounteer 2 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of alli
    alli
    Participant

Hello A&H-team,

is it possible to deliver a “AFS”-Plugin for the SQ-series? Something you can insert in a Mix-Out like Waves “X-FDBK”?
    This would be such a great and time-saving feature… If it won’t come – it would be the only reason to buy a Waves Soundgrid system for me.

Thank you guys –
    Alex

Profile photo of alli
    alli
    Participant

Maybe you could implement something like that as an DEEP Plug-In in the Parametric EQ section? This would be so helpful guys!

Profile photo of New2SQ
    New2SQ
    Participant

It doesn’t even have to be auto, but make a feedback eliminator plug-in

Profile photo of Showtime
    Showtime
    Participant

Perhaps before the show ring out the monitors and soundsystem.

I have never missed a feedback eliminator.

A part of your job is room eq and monitor eq.

Richard

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

Mic choice, speaker placement and good tuning and there’s no need for a FB eliminator. I’ve taken them out of many systems. Cause more problems than they’re worth.

Profile photo of New2SQ
    New2SQ
    Participant

“Mic choice, speaker placement and good tuning”

Yes, I agree. Unfortunately I have a building/system that was built/installed in the 1980’s.

“Ring out the monitors and sound system”

That’s what I want to do, just not with a band from the PEQ.

I would like a feedback plug-in that has 2-4 filters with a very narrow Q to hone in on the those problem frequencies. I don’t care about auto seek-and-destroy.

Profile photo of Flo84
    Flo84
    Participant

New2SQ did you mean GEQ instead of PEQ? Because SQ has a 28-band graphic EQ on each mix.
    But I can understand that you want a more precise EQ 😉

Profile photo of New2SQ
    New2SQ
    Participant

New2SQ did you mean GEQ instead of PEQ?

No. It’s been a while since I graphed it, but the 2 major frequency problems I have to deal with are in between the bands of a graphic EQ.

I did a little leg work for this. Here is a snippet from dbx’s Feedback Eliminator AFS2 (which I have contemplated buying before we got a digital board that can accept plugins, hint, hint).

…with filter Qs up to 1/80 of an octave.

…and so I searched for Q to octave and found 1/30 octave = 43.280 Q (Octave/Q conversion). A little different.

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

How’s about putting a dbx PA2 or Venue 360 between your mixer and power amps? That’s what I install on all my jobs. I don’t use the feedback eliminator as I rarely need it. I have but rarely. I use the other features for processing. It’s eliminator works well though.

Profile photo of volounteer
    volounteer
    Participant

@gcumbee

How’s about putting a dbx PA2 or Venue 360 between your mixer and power amps? That’s what I install on all my jobs. I don’t use the feedback eliminator as I rarely need it.

Money. At least for a church it is harder to spend money on more tech. A software plug in would be so much better for us.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.