Auto Display Focus

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu feature suggestions Auto Display Focus

This topic contains 8 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of dpdan dpdan 9 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Trolo
    Trolo
    Participant

Hi,
    I have one more suggestion to make.
    It would be great if in the setup menu you could select an auto display focus feature where when any parameter is changed e.g. compressor threshold, gate threshold, GEQ, etc. Once a value is changed, the corresponding display automatically comes up.
    Thanks

Profile photo of Jline
    Jline
    Participant

+1, I think this would speed up the workflow when using the channel strip!

Profile photo of Ron
    Ron
    Participant

That would be nice! Every time I adjust the eq I look at that screen and then have to stop what I’m doing and tap the eq section.

Profile photo of Jimmydrummer
    Jimmydrummer
    Participant

Good idea!

Profile photo of Thunderbass1
    Thunderbass1
    Participant

Bump

Profile photo of GR-PDX
    GR-PDX
    Participant

I think you mean that adjusting any one hardware control would snap the screen view to the appropriate layer? As an Interaction Designer, I think this idea has legs, but there are some subtleties to it that may be good to think about:

– Would you want the display to “snap back” to the prior view that was selected via the screen? E.g. If you had the GEQ view up, then adjusted the PEQ (so now it shows that view), where would you want the view to land?
    – Are there any scenarios you can envision where it would actually be helpful to have “double the real estate” by having soft controls on the screen for one parameter, but be using the hardware independently?
    – If the view “stuck” on one channel by moving the hardware control, would you want every channel to have that same view?

There are probably more, but I gotta get to work.

Profile photo of robbocurry
    robbocurry
    Participant

+1

Profile photo of Alchemicus
    Alchemicus
    Participant

Agree

Profile photo of dpdan
    dpdan
    Participant

I too agree, I think the GLD already does this, but I could be wrong.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.