Audio Sync and sample rate 48khz e 44,1khz

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ troubleshooting Audio Sync and sample rate 48khz e 44,1khz

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of GCumbee GCumbee 5 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of GINOPO
    GINOPO
    Participant

Hello everyone.

I hope there is not yet another similar topic

In the specifications I read in the paragraph: 12.8 Audio Sync and AES sample rate
    • SThe SQ will always run at 96kHz internally, even if the clock is synchronized to is running at 48kHz.

But with both Cubase, Wavelab, and Protools, does not synchronize. Depends on what?
    a mast sent

Link images https://www.dropbox.com/sh/y3d4w5y849aof51/AAAMUAB-KPUtMss4qMYEs1vKa?dl=0

do I have to ship the mexer in assistance?

Grazie 100000
    Luigi

Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

Hi Luigi,

The USB interface on SQ is fixed 96kHz.
    Some DAWs like Reaper will automatically sample-rate convert on the fly.
    Some others require that the session / project is set to 96kHz, if this is the case you will need to convert existing audio files to 96kHz.

The paragraph you mentioned above refers to the Audio Sync options for the internal clock, not to the USB interface.

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

I just put an SQ6 in my church. I’ve sold and installed many QU and GLD. We are really enjoying it. Our only use for the SQ USB drive onboard is for recording the sermon for podcast. This is true for most of the other churches I work with. I think 96k with way overkill especially using more drive space. Would have liked to have seen an option for 48k or even 44.1. As an old studio engineer I think I can say that those SR are plenty good enough for that use. I wish that option existed.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.