Audio stream Audio through WIFI to QU

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Audio stream Audio through WIFI to QU

Tagged: , ,

This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Ozboy Ozboy 2 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Em
    Em
    Participant

Is it possible to stream audio, say from an ios device to QU via WIFI?

Profile photo of MarkPAman
    MarkPAman
    Participant

My Airport Express has a 3.5mm audio output which I usually connect to the ST3 input for wireless connection with an iOS device.

Profile photo of Ozboy
    Ozboy
    Participant

I wish there was another answer to this question, which I see has been asked several times since 2014. Apple stopped making the airport express years ago. Recently I changed out my apple network for netgear and I’m reluctant to add back one of the old slow airport expresses in case it slows the whole network down. I could try it I guess but there is a lot of maintenance already.

Yet streaming airplay material from device to device is what happens all over the house right now,TVs, smart speakers, the big Marantz amp. Would like to be able to stream from the phone or whatever to the QuPac.

Profile photo of Ozboy
    Ozboy
    Participant

seek and ye may find.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

I just spotted that pic and now its gone?
    What happened to the pic?

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

So that a Belkin ?
    Whats a link for that product Please.

Profile photo of Lee7
    Lee7
    Participant

A half decent bluetooth dongle that has a 3.5mm jack should be more than adequate for streaming music from any device with Bluetooth.

Profile photo of Ozboy
    Ozboy
    Participant

The belkin takes a wifi signal and outputs a stereo signal. There are on amazon other similar devices. So the output wold go to the RCA jacks on the Q and then you could send your phone or iPad signal via airplay to the mixer. That is exactly what I want to do. Its a reasonably affordable device but I also had a spare apple tv device sitting round with HDMI output so I ended up buying an HDMI to RCA converter. That will plug into the apple tv on one side and the QuPac on the other. The Belkin is a better solution, although only 2.4 GHZ but $100 more than what I have gone with since I had the apple tv doing nothing.

The belkin is available on amazon

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.