Audio interrogate

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu feature suggestions Audio interrogate

This topic contains 9 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of [XAP]Bob [XAP]Bob 9 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of
    Anonymous

If not patented by the competition you should think about implementing an “audio interrogate” feature. When a button of the channel strip gets pressed and keeps being pressed the channels having the concerning part ON (HPF, EQ,comp, delay,…) should be shown by lighting up their sel buttons.
    A very useful feature!

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

So when you hold the “eq in” button multiple select lights illuminate?

Would be fairly neat…

Profile photo of cornelius78
    cornelius78
    Participant

Yep. I’ve seen it on Soundcraft SI consoles. Press and hold the “Comp” button on their “ACS” (Assignable Channel Strip, Soundcraft’s equivalent of the SuperStrip,) and the SEL buttons of any channels\buses on the current layer that have their compressor switched in illuminate. Those that don’t illuminate don’t have their compressor switched in. Furthermore, whilst holding the “Comp” button, you can press the Sel buttons of whatever channels\buses you want to switch the comp in or out on those channels\buses. Also works for hpf, gate, peq, routing to LR/Mono etc. There’s a video on Youtube demonstrating it.

[XAP]Bob
    Participant

Ooh – being able to enable/disable it this way is a good idea

Profile photo of Andreas
    Andreas

would be nice for Phantom and USB too…

[XAP]Bob
    Participant

Yes – actually virtually everything on the superstrip 😉

At least USB/dSnake/Console can be seen/changed on one page of the UI for all channels..

Profile photo of Andreas
    Andreas

At least USB/dSnake/Console can be seen/changed on one page of the UI for all channels..

sure, but that may take several buttons to be reached…

I’ve recently wished to have the exact opposite, when I silently muted one of my FX sends with a forgotten DCA link: The possibility to see from one screen which path(s) a specific channel takes and where it is potentially blocked. Probably not easy to visualize but maybe helpful not only for me…

[XAP]Bob
    Participant

A System Block diagram for a channel.
    What it’s a member of etc.

Does DCA/Mute group member ship not show in a processing screen? it would make sense if it did…
    Also be good to have a “send levels” page (again can’t recall if it’s already there)

Profile photo of Andreas
    Andreas

sure, its all there… somewhere. But if you’re in a hurry and something does not work as expected you first have to think about which places to look for and check one by the other. In my case, I just forgot that I played around with DCA on FX sends before and not checked that page (which is not on the channel but one the FX bus). But maybe thats only me…

[XAP]Bob
    Participant

Maybe I’ve just been burned by DCAs being down sufficiently often 😉

But if you’re analysing a specific channel then I’d kind of expect one of the main processing screens to contain mute group/DC data – my desk is out at the moment, so I can’t reference it to find out

Bottom of page 31 of the manual gives a sane looking screen. It would be nice if the DCA levels were shown next to the DCA description – in RED if they are <-30dB or so?
    And of course I know that this is awful because it’s two presses away on a channel…
    I’m happy with two clicks as a depth, three is probably too much, but you can’t have everything one click away.

I explicitly don’t count selecting the channel in this count, because if you’re working on the channel then you’ve already hit it…

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.